650R air box cover mod ?

9 replies to this topic
  • pgiinc

Posted October 03, 2006 - 09:47 AM

other then Al Bakers and Rob Barnums cover and kit are ther any others out there to get more air in the box?

• pburke

Posted October 03, 2006 - 09:55 AM

how about this solution:

• LandSharkGT

Posted October 03, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Thats as useful as tits on a bore! Kinda like sticking a supercharger on a RC nitro motor! LOL!

• Ramcc4x4

Posted October 03, 2006 - 04:09 PM

I made my own. The cut out looked like Johhny Campbell's bike and only cost me a few bucks. I cut the panel and screened the backside with fine mesh wardware cloth. It looked really good (always got compliments and several offers to make them for people) and was very functional.

• ogrider650

Posted October 03, 2006 - 04:59 PM

you can buy the kit for like 25 bucks and do it yourself with a rotozip and/or dremel and a pop rivet ....thingy?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • philipstjohn

Posted October 03, 2006 - 05:50 PM

Have any pictures of the mod? :thumbsup:

Posted October 03, 2006 - 09:43 PM

• KShow

Posted October 04, 2006 - 08:22 PM

check theese out,, work great for snowmobiles, would probably do the same for bikes, only downside would be you might tear them up if you lay it over,, but I guess you could put some mesh over them to protect them. they will keep the water, and most dirt out,, but still let air in.

• BajaCyclesRider LK

Posted October 04, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Take a 1 1/2 to 2 inch diameter hole saw drill bit and drill three holes diagonal inside the panel, parallel to plastic diagonal rise; space them one inch apart. Look on the inside of the side panel and you will see the rise I am speaking of.

• Ramcc4x4

Posted October 05, 2006 - 05:44 AM

The picture got resized but you can get a pretty good idea how mine came out:

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.