Fleetwood Evolution E3

6 replies to this topic
  • ga250x

Posted October 03, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Hello all, first post, but i've already read tons of great info here. I wasn't able to find any info on this with a search, so here goes....

I'm looking at these Fleetwood Evolution E3 popups/haulers and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them good or bad. It can be had locally for under $12K for a new 2007, a little more with added AC.
http://www.fleetwood...eries.aspx?id=3

I'm getting started in harescramble/enduro racing, and the wife would be much more forgiving if she and baby could join me comfortably. And she loves camping and grew up camping in a pop-up so she really wants one.

For the next couple of years I'm limited to a Nissan Pathfinder for hauling, 5000lb limit, so can't do a true toy hauler yet.

Thanks for any input.

• 569x

Posted October 03, 2006 - 08:35 AM

I don't have any direct experience with this particular model. However I did own a Coleman pop-up a few years ago and purchased it for the same reason as yourself. I understand that Fleetwood acquired Coleman a couple of few years ago and when I purchased mine Coleman was a very solid (some think leader) brand for pop-ups. If Fleetwood has included some of the features and build quality that Coleman had I would feel very comfortable purchasing another pop-up from Fleetwood.

I think the best thing you can do is look at the various makes and get their two cents and the pro's and con's of each brand. Then make your own decision.

One note...if you are going to be in cold weather remember that those sides are canvas and do not hold heat well. I found that while my body stayed pretty warm my head and feet got a little chilly at night. That was of course with the heater on.

• pikeman

Posted October 03, 2006 - 09:49 AM

I've done a fair bit of research on these and most likely will be purchasing one this winter. My money is going towards the Starcraft RT series and specifically the 13RT. http://www.starcraftrv.com/ I found it to be much higher quality than the Fleetwood model or the Jayco. The frame is stronger, the fittings better and the fit and finish is definately better. Check it out.
Good Luck,
Blair

• ga250x

Posted October 03, 2006 - 09:55 AM

I've looked a bit at the 14rt, but first I was unable to find any weight rating for the cargo area. My local deal who stocks both didn't seem to have that info either (they are definitely pro-fleetwood also). Do you have any info on that?

Also, the slide out on the Fleetwood gives a bit more room for the baby I think. Looks like we can put a small crib in there. With the Starcraft I think she'd end up in the middle of the floor.

• loufish

Posted October 03, 2006 - 07:05 PM

One note...if you are going to be in cold weather remember that those sides are canvas and do not hold heat well. I found that while my body stayed pretty warm my head and feet got a little chilly at night. That was of course with the heater on.

True, I own the Jayco Baja, but without the front cargo area(I bought one when they first came out) and you do need to dress a little more warmer, but if you have been tent camping in the desert during the winter, the tent trailer w/furnace is a BIG step in enjoying the camping experience!

• rush2112

Posted October 06, 2006 - 01:57 AM

You will need to get the furnace if you are going to camp in the winter. We found that the heat strip on the air conditioner is a waste. Air coming out never got over 73 degrees.

• ga250x

Posted October 06, 2006 - 02:24 AM

They pre-installed the furnace here, part of the price. Also having AC installed. Picking up the E3 Saturday.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.