wr400 vs wr426

2 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted January 14, 2001 - 08:11 AM

thinking of maybe buying new..
is the 426 that much better, or should I ride mine for another year or two..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rick_Graham

Posted January 14, 2001 - 03:13 PM

I had the pleasure of riding my 2000 wr back to back with the 2001 wr 426. My impression is the 01 has made noticable improvements in terms of power delivery. The 01 gains RPM's much quicker. I'm toying with the idea of selling my bike because I think the 01 (stock) performs better down low without any mods.

• MN_Kevin

Posted January 14, 2001 - 03:58 PM

You can get a 420 kit complete (piston kit and cylinder bored and nikasil coated for $350 from Eric Gorr. This IS the route I am going. Clark also went this route.

Eric has been a factory level mechanic for MANY years. I have had work done by him before. He is a good guy. You can reach him at egorr@globaldialog.com.

He has assured me reliability is not compromised. He also said his Nikasil is SUPERIOR to that of Yamaha's.

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.