dynojet kit vs jd kit

3 replies to this topic
  • Kenno05WR450

Posted October 02, 2006 - 08:17 PM

is there a huge difference between the dynojet jetting kit and the jd jetting kit?

i went to my local moto shop and they don't sell jd they only sold dynojet and being only $90aus compared to $145aus for the jd kit off the net i am umming and ahhing whether just to be a tight arse and go for the dynojet.

he also told me that dynojet was made for aus version of the wr is this true or is he just trying to flog off his product?

seens this is my frist post any info would be awesome.

• pkcof

Posted October 02, 2006 - 09:34 PM

hey, Melbourne here - i assume that you have an '05WR450F (from your identity)
what mods have you done so far and what pipe are you running?
i'm more than happy with my set-up - let's see if we can get yours to behave like mine?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kenno05WR450

Posted October 03, 2006 - 05:54 PM

i have done all of the free mods except for cutting the grey wire. i have the stock exhaust but cut out the first baffle and no end pipe. i live in newcastle so will temp differences effect your setup?
i am quite new to the motor bike scene as this is my first bike so any help is better then none.

• Burf72

Posted October 03, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hi there, just interested in what jetting set up you ended up with, I currently have an 06 WR450, all the free mods done ( air box opened up, grey wire ), also run a yoshimura TRC slip on muffler, live down in the south east of south australia and ride mainly sea-level. Current set up is JD red #5 with a 168MJ, 48 pilot.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.