Saddleback practice--Thurs 12-13

8 replies to this topic
  • yzernie

Posted December 08, 2001 - 02:41 PM

Hey all,

Some of us from the YZ 400/426 board are going to go to Saddleback (So. Cal.) for practice on Thursday 12-13. Anyone is welcome and I wanted to let everybody know.

I'll be in my red Ford F-250 extracab and my bike with black backgrounds and white #44.

Hope some of you can make it out there.

http://www.saddlebackmx.com

Ernie

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: yzernie ]

• Mark_Rendahl

Posted December 09, 2001 - 11:54 AM

I might just be there!!! Heard it's a pretty nice track!

• yzernie

Posted December 11, 2001 - 12:54 AM

As long as there is no bad weather, it looks like the track will be open on Thursday. :) :D

Ernie

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted December 12, 2001 - 06:52 PM

Ernie and Others:

I'm still planning on being there in the morning. How about you. I was at Lake Elsinore all day today and it was great.

Harold

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted December 12, 2001 - 07:34 PM

Harold,

Still going. I have the truck loaded, in the garage and all I have to do in the A.M. is put ice in the ice chest!!! Anxious...no...........not!!!!

See you there, Ernie

• MotoGreg

Posted December 13, 2001 - 03:57 PM

Wow, work was slow so I skipped out at lunch and made it over to Saddleback. I rode almost non-stop from 2pm until they kicked us off at 4:30pm. I stuck to the Vet track because it was so dang fun, what a great time, I think I'll have to go again this Saturday!

• yzernie

Posted December 13, 2001 - 05:49 PM

Greg,

Sorry we missed you. We split out of there a little after 1:00. I wanted to beat the traffic back into the valleys.

I rode with Harold in So. Cal. and YZFJim. Both are nice guys. Harold did his best Jeff Emig imitation and overjumped the finish table by about 10'. He left at the end of the day with some sore feet and ankles. Jim rides his bike pretty smooth. He is about 8 feet tall and can use his legs to suck up some of the rough track.
All in all it was a very fun day.

Since I haven't ridden alot lately, my hands look like hammered horse jerky. Can't wait till next time!!!!! :)

Ernie

• Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted December 14, 2001 - 01:37 PM

I had a great time yesterday. Ernie and Jim can ride lap after lap. It's hard for me to do 5 or so laps straight. Just got back from the Dr. No broken bones just lots of swelling and bruising. Will be back soon.

• yzernie

Posted December 14, 2001 - 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Harold in So Cal:
[QB]No broken bones just lots of swelling and bruising.[QB]

Harold,

Glad nothing is broken. On the way home I envisioned you walking from my truck back to yours and thought "OUCH, that must hurt"!!! Hope to see you back out soon.

Ernie

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.