'05" wr 450 or wait for "07'?

9 replies to this topic
  • racerxx276

Posted October 02, 2006 - 04:26 PM

I have a chance to buy an 05 wr450 with about 5 hrs on it , for $4500.
Its looks new, I don't think its even seen the dirt.

Question is, should I wait and get an 07 wr 450 with the new frame and such?? It will be a 2 grand difference at least...

I wish there were tests out on the 07....

• Just034

Posted October 02, 2006 - 05:07 PM

My vote is 07 all the way.

• A-ron

Posted October 02, 2006 - 05:31 PM

I'd go for the 05 all the way. It'll probably be more like a $3,000 difference.

• trever01

Posted October 02, 2006 - 06:01 PM

personaly i cant wait til the 07 wr comes out, im thinkin bout gettin one the first of the year, im sayin 07

• clark4131

Posted October 02, 2006 - 09:31 PM

There're many pros with the '05...it's cheaper, available aftermarket parts, proven reliability, vast technical knowledge for jetting, suspension, engine repair, yada, yada, yada. With the '07, you're dealing with nothing but unknowns. With all likelihood it's going to be a great bike from the get-go, but who knows for sure? If you're the guy that needs the newest, shiniest, blingiest bike on the block, then throw caution to the wind, 'cuz you have your answer. If you are more concerned with saving a buck and don't care about having "the next best thing" then go with the '05. With the money you save, you can customize it with aftermarket goodies that are already tested and proven and you don't have to wait for them to be developed. I know what I'd do, but I already have an '05. Wow, do I sound like my Dad or what? :thumbsup: ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • leapfrog

Posted October 03, 2006 - 01:52 PM

I'm siding with clark, but maybe I'm biased I've got an 05 also. You're the final decision maker on that one though.

• kskyles

Posted October 03, 2006 - 01:55 PM

There're many pros with the '05...it's cheaper, available aftermarket parts, proven reliability, vast technical knowledge for jetting, suspension, engine repair, yada, yada, yada. With the '07, you're dealing with nothing but unknowns. With all likelihood it's going to be a great bike from the get-go, but who knows for sure? If you're the guy that needs the newest, shiniest, blingiest bike on the block, then throw caution to the wind, 'cuz you have your answer. If you are more concerned with saving a buck and don't care about having "the next best thing" then go with the '05. With the money you save, you can customize it with aftermarket goodies that are already tested and proven and you don't have to wait for them to be developed. I know what I'd do, but I already have an '05. Wow, do I sound like my Dad or what? :thumbsup: ...SC

what he said....

let other guys find all the bugs and work out the mods for a year or two, and enjoy the '05

• racerxx276

Posted October 03, 2006 - 06:13 PM

OK, So I bought the 05... Besides there will be snow on the ground by the time the 07 arrived anyway! Took it for a quick ride tonite. Never had so much fun....

thanks!

• clark4131

Posted October 03, 2006 - 07:11 PM

You have chosen...
Posted Image
...Wisely :thumbsup: ...SC

• aightball27

Posted October 25, 2006 - 02:22 PM

i just got an 06 for 4699 otd plus the shipping cost of 400. i was going to what for the 07, but i would have had to wait to long and pay alot more than that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.