07's on the East coast

6 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted October 02, 2006 - 11:36 AM

I had my dealer do some checking for me and he found out that he is not due to get a white 450 until 10/20/06 he will have 2 blue ones in around 1 week sooner. So it sounds like us East coast guys will have to wait a couple more weeks. :thumbsup: I am getting a white one but when the blue ones show up I may change my mind.

• aedwards07

Posted October 02, 2006 - 11:49 AM

What dealer is this?

• Beanb1

Posted October 02, 2006 - 02:47 PM

thoughts on white. I have a new white bike, color makes the bike look great. But it is blue now, could have been white, blue or black, I just went back to blue.

The white is going to be really hard to keep looking new. I rode it once with the white and it got scratched and where it got scratched, it was harder to get the dirt color out. It was a muddy day on a track with sand. I bought a set of blue plastic and put the white up for when I sell the bike. It is cheaper to replace the Yamaha plastic with aftermarket plastic now and put the original plastic back on when you are ready to sell the bike. Was the extra cost for the white worth it??

By the way, my dealer only ordered white, so it was my only choice this month. Blue was not going to be available until next month.

The new bike is great. Even with the smaller muffler (opening), it runs as well or better then the 06. I was in the top two to the first corner in my class both races yesterday. Clutch is like cutting butter, corners better than 06 and what can I say, I like the ride. Jetting is still lean, I went to a 48 pilot and 165 main for 5000 ft. Check with your local riders for 06 jetting, it should be correct or very close for the 07.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyle450rider

Posted October 02, 2006 - 02:54 PM

What about the midwest?I'm in kansas and have not heard of anyone getting one yet.I called a few yammie dealers yesterday and they dont know when they will get one.

• krony506

Posted October 02, 2006 - 03:30 PM

What dealer is this?

I ride for World of Wheels in Seneca PA.

• almostinvincible119

Posted October 02, 2006 - 04:24 PM

Down here in Florida (panama city area) they already have the 07 450s in. Pensacola has them, Tallahassee has them, and some dealers in Alabama do to. We're waitin on the 250f for my lil bro. Does anyone know when those are due?!

• kyle450rider

Posted October 02, 2006 - 08:25 PM

anybody?bikes in midwest?

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.