Exhaust compatability

4 replies to this topic
  • drtbk4ever

Posted October 02, 2006 - 09:14 AM

Hey gang,

I did a search on this and found a thread where someone asked the same question, but without any responses. So I'll ask it again.

Will a stock exhaust from a 2002 yz426 fit a 2004 wr450?

Thanks.

• fershy

Posted October 02, 2006 - 01:42 PM

IMHO,I am gonna say no. The mounting points are different as Yamaha changed the frames between these years.
fershy
ps where abouts in AB? Calgary here.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnyjeep

Posted October 02, 2006 - 02:23 PM

so if you replaced an aluminum sub with the cro-molly, would you need a new exhaust? Just looking ahead, I dont think the extra 4oz is gonna make that much of a diff.

• drtbk4ever

Posted October 02, 2006 - 02:37 PM

IMHO,I am gonna say no. The mounting points are different as Yamaha changed the frames between these years.
fershy
ps where abouts in AB? Calgary here.

Thanks,

I live just east of Edmonton.

• fershy

Posted October 02, 2006 - 04:15 PM

so if you replaced an aluminum sub with the cro-molly, would you need a new exhaust? Just looking ahead, I dont think the extra 4oz is gonna make that much of a diff.

I think it is the mount on the main frame you have to worry about johnnyjeep.
fershy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.