any IDEAS setting up suspension for dual purpose riding?

1 reply to this topic

Posted October 01, 2006 - 11:08 PM

If anyone has advice on setting up suspension so that i dont lose too much play on the dirt but also get lower and stiffer for the road, i does adjustable suspension work? I have a 06 Wr450 with the whole supermoto setup but if i get the springs cut, I feel I would lose too much play in the dirt and living in Australia not being able to go bush is like not being able too get a root with your own woman any advice would be much appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pjriss

Posted October 02, 2006 - 05:20 AM

Dual sport is all about compromise. What are you willing to give up? Your WR is never going to handle like a sport bike no matter what you do and the more you try, the worse it's going to be in the dirt. It will however, handle like a champ in the dirt with the right set up. I'd set it up for dirt and learn to live with it on the street. You want a tight handling street bike get a YFZ-R1.
Or an FJR1300 :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.