lowering a '01 WR426 for my wife?

4 replies to this topic
  • 5Rs

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:00 PM

Theres a possiblility that a Yamaha WR426 will be available for sale so my wife can go riding with me. But I need to know if I can lower the rear end easily for her to be able to reach the ground safely. I know that I can raise the forks in the triple clamps. There is a company Mountain Motor Sports offering a lowering link for '02-06 WRs. But the 426 is not listed.
Does anyone know of a company that might offer something like a lowering link for an '01 WR426? I don't want to shorten the shock if I don't have to, as she will get better at riding and might be raising the bike again.

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:45 AM

Active reach.

Totally reversible.

http://www.fullcircl...om/lowering.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 5Rs

Posted October 02, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for the info. I showed wifey and shes digging it.

• spidennis

Posted October 03, 2006 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for the info. I showed wifey and shes digging it.

hey there 5Rs, It would be great to have a ride report after you get this mod done ...... been thinking about this myself ..... it's just not in the budget right now, bummer .....

• CAVSCOUT96

Posted October 03, 2006 - 08:12 AM

I'm only 5'9" and this is waht I did to my WR400 so that I could reach better and kick start on hills etc. While you have your suspension apart it's worth the little extra to make sure you're using the correct springs, front and back, for your weight. It made a HUGE difference (I'm 240 with gear) and set your sag properly.

I LOVE IT!!!

Spid, if you're anywhere near Austin, TX It's definitley worthwhile to get Lampmann to set up your suspension. Check out

www.texasoffroad.net

He does alot of folks' rides around teh Austin area, and races the STORM series. Great customer service, and he'll come out to the track / trails with you to fine tune your settings at no extra cost.

Good luck all

BM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.