The battle of the weight.......#68

Posted Image Stock 1.773 lbs

Rear inner-tube, removed.

Weight [COLOR="green"]-1.773 lbs[/COLOR] :ride: :ride:

Total dry weight (verified) stock 308.37 lbs

After step #68........................285.692 lbs .............-22.678 lbs

• Big Red Paul

Posted February 03, 2007 - 04:09 AM

You need to stop this madness mio amico !!!! You will have no bike left at this rate !!!

Cosa stai facendo? It is insane !!!!!!! I beg of you !!!

• drtlvr

Posted February 03, 2007 - 07:42 AM

good thing he lives in Italy,when I was there I lost 9lbs and trust me I ate more there then I do at home,if he lived in the US where we put all the chemicals in our food (because the goverment is so concerned with our health) all that work he's going through would be wasted after one trip to taco bell or mcdonalds

Italy was great I relly enjoyed my visit there.

good luck on your project
drtlvr

• RC30

Posted February 03, 2007 - 08:19 AM

The battle of the weight.......#[COLOR="DarkOrange"]69[/COLOR] (like Nicky Hayden :ride:)

Posted Image Stock 11.343 lbs

Posted Image Special 11.453 lbs

Rear wheel, Marchesini Kompe, alloy forged (from 17"x4,25" to 17"x5").

Weight [COLOR="red"]+0.11 lbs[/COLOR] :ride: [COLOR="Red"]PROVISIONAL BOLTS[/COLOR]

After step #69........................285.802 lbs .............-22.568 lbs

• RC30

Posted February 03, 2007 - 01:36 PM

Mi vendi questo?

Sorry danbart, but I keep its because it will hereafter be able me to serve again.

You need to stop this madness mio amico !!!! You will have no bike left at this rate !!!

Cosa stai facendo? It is insane !!!!!!! I beg of you !!!

:ride: I am not able to stop myself any more............:ride:

....if he lived in the US.........all that work he's going through would be wasted after one trip to taco bell or mcdonalds.......

:ride:

............ Italy was great I relly enjoyed my visit there.

good luck on your project

I am very happy that you have visited Italy and thank you very much for your wish. :applause:

Piero

• hypersthenos

Posted February 04, 2007 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for mentioning Hayden. Can't wait for pics of the finished product, though I suspect like most of us the project never ends!

• RC30

Posted February 04, 2007 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for mentioning Hayden. Can't wait for pics of the finished product, though I suspect like most of us the project never ends!

Don’t worry, still few pics and the work is ended. :ride:

In the next week end I will show the pictures of the bike which finished in 2006, but.............in the next few weeks instead I will restart with the pictures of the modifications of 2007..................:ride:

For nicky instead, it is fair to mention the champion of the world and then I am an enthusiast of MotoGP, without factory distinction or membership nation. :ride:

• rebelventurer

Posted February 04, 2007 - 04:58 AM

Piero, your statement of moto gp loyalty is admirable, and your non bias preferences almost unheard of! I am a fan also but must admit I cheer Nicky on, because of our minority position in moto gp. Also love the superbikes, very intense racing, Troy Bayliss especially :ride: Your mods for 07 are continued on the same bike, yes? I must applaud your methodic and detailed listing of your modifications. :ride: The only mod that I am skeptical of is the addition of the Marchesini wheels, mostly for appearance reasons, though I wonder how they look? :ride:

• RC30

Posted February 04, 2007 - 09:26 AM

The battle of the weight.......#70

Posted Image Stock 8.92 lbs

Posted Image Special 8.81 lbs

Front wheel, Marchesini Kompe, alloy forged 17"x3.50".

Weight [COLOR="green"]-0.11 lbs[/COLOR] :ride: [COLOR="Red"]PROVISIONAL BOLTS[/COLOR]

After step #70........................285.692 lbs .............-22.678 lbs

• RC30

Posted February 04, 2007 - 01:39 PM

Piero, your statement of moto gp loyalty is admirable, and your non bias preferences almost unheard of! I am a fan also but must admit I cheer Nicky on, because of our minority position in moto gp. Also love the superbikes, very intense racing, Troy Bayliss especially :ride: Your mods for 07 are continued on the same bike, yes? I must applaud your methodic and detailed listing of your modifications. :ride: The only mod that I am skeptical of is the addition of the Marchesini wheels, mostly for appearance reasons, though I wonder how they look? :ride:

Hi rebelventurer.

It’s easy to love motogp for me because in europe it is much followed and there are many Italian pilots and bikes, however I generally love the show all the pilots offer.

When I was 15 years old was a fan a certain fast Freddie and I have enjoyed some enterprises of Mamola, Lawson, Rainey and Schwants, what show! Now he touches to us Italians and Spanishes, but hereafter the American pilots will certainly get back.

Also very amusing the superbike! This year there is also my favourite pilot Max Biaggi. :applause:

The next modifications I will always do in the same one, has become by now my definitive toy.

Thanks for the approbation, hope that my modifications can be useful whoever wants to make some lightening modifications on the its bike.

I love the sport bikes and in my head have remained a few names which must be present on my bikes, between these Brembo and Marchesini.

I use my bike only on road, so I need light and rigid wheels, Marchesini wheels are rigid and also light even if he does not seem with the comparison with the originals, my spokes wheels are actually very cheap, with only 32 spokes and behind a very narrow channel, so it is however already light but is also not very competitive.

At the end with the Marchesini I can do without than the inner tubes and this is a big advantage.

Ciao and see you soon Piero

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RC30

Posted February 05, 2007 - 09:57 AM

The battle of the weight.......#71

Posted Image Stock 0.138 lbs

Posted Image Special 0.149 lbs

Fuel valve, short model.

Weight [COLOR="red"]+0.011 lbs[/COLOR] :ride: [COLOR="Red"]PROVISIONAL[/COLOR]

After step #71........................285.703 lbs .............-22.667 lbs

• RC30

Posted February 06, 2007 - 09:42 AM

The battle of the weight.......#72

Posted Image Stock 5.231 lbs

Posted Image Special 4.107 lbs

Fuel tank, aluminium hand made, from 2.6 to 1.8 gallons.

Weight [COLOR="green"]-1.124 lbs[/COLOR] :censored:

After step #72........................284.579 lbs .............-23.791 lbs

• hypersthenos

Posted February 06, 2007 - 11:46 AM

WOW! That is one beautiful tank! You've got some talented fabricators over there. Of course we already knew that. (Ducati, Ferrari etc.)

• RC30

Posted February 07, 2007 - 10:11 AM

The battle of the weight.......#73

Posted Image Stock 0.147 lbs

Posted Image Special 0.074 lbs

Fuel cap, Acerbis.

Weight [COLOR="green"]-0.073 lbs[/COLOR] :censored:

After step #73........................284.506 lbs .............-23.864 lbs

• RC30

Posted February 08, 2007 - 09:34 AM

The battle of the weight.......#[COLOR="Yellow"]74[/COLOR] (like Daijiro Kato :ride: )

Posted Image Stock 9.471 lbs

Posted Image Special 4.063 lbs

Air shock absorber, Double System Italy.

Weight [COLOR="green"]-5.408 lbs[/COLOR] :censored: :ride: :lol: :applause: :applause: :applause: :moon::banana::ride::banana::eek::banana:[COLOR="Red"]PROVISIONAL[/COLOR]

After step #74........................279.098 lbs .............-29.272 lbs

• Triple B

Posted February 08, 2007 - 12:10 PM

Hey RC-30
Your are absolutely crazy......I like it:thumbsup: I have to check this thread at lunch every day just to see what you have done and to see where the weight is.
How about a running total of the list price or cost of these parts you are adding. I would be interested to see added cost of these parts also. Like the wheels, custom alum gas tank, rear shock, etc
Keep it up

• RC30

Posted February 08, 2007 - 01:10 PM

.....Your are absolutely crazy......I like it:thumbsup:.........

:lol:.........................:ride:

Ciao Triple B, ok, now I try to remember the money that I have spent, even if I would have preferred forget it (too much money......:applause:), I will put the most significant detail prices, the list of the modifications for 2006 has as by now finished.

P.S: Your avatar is beautiful. :censored:

Ciao Piero

• Triple B

Posted February 08, 2007 - 01:26 PM

I would have preferred forget it (too much money......:lol:),
P.S: Your avatar is beautiful. :censored:
Ciao Piero

I under stand I would not want a record of the total cost either. How about when you are ready to show us the bike when it completed you give us a hint of the total amount spent.

My Avatar is my brothers 2006 Spec Mazda MX-5 race car http://www.ajsracing.com/index.php Note: he need to update his website

:ride:

• RC30

Posted February 08, 2007 - 02:01 PM

......How about when you are ready to show us the bike when it completed you give us a hint of the total amount spent......

Ok, Triple B, you will see its tomorrow.

.....My Avatar is my brothers 2006 Spec Mazda MX-5 race car http://www.ajsracing.com/index.php........:censored:

:ride: (I love MX-5)

• RC30

Posted February 09, 2007 - 11:15 AM

How Triple B has required, here the list of the expense (what I remember).

[quote name='RC30']step #4[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #6[/QUOTE] Speedometer Sigma 12 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #11[/QUOTE] Turn signals Kellerman 100 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #13[/QUOTE] Handelbar X-Fun 60 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #14[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #15[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #16[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #17[/QUOTE] Triple clamps RaceTech Italy 300 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #18[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #19[/QUOTE] Used CRF fork + Ohlins springs 1100 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #21[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #22[/QUOTE] Lower fork protection Wave Racing Italy 60 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #31[/QUOTE] Rear rotor Braking 110 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #32[/QUOTE] Front master cylinder Brembo 250 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #35[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #37[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #38[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #39[/QUOTE] Complete front brake Brembo..............Sorry, I don’t remember :censored: .

[quote name='RC30']step #40[/QUOTE] Rear sprocket PBR 50 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #43[/QUOTE] Air filter K&N 70euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #45[/QUOTE] Used carburettor + gas throttle 500 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #46[/QUOTE] Header pipe FMF Power Bomb 330 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #47[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #50[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #49[/QUOTE] Muffler pipe + silencer G.P.R. 340 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #69[/QUOTE] [quote name='RC30']step #70[/QUOTE] Marchesini wheels alloy forged 1500 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #72[/QUOTE] Aluminium gas tank 250 euros.

[quote name='RC30']step #74[/QUOTE] Air shok absorber Double System 600 euros.

Today Feb 09 2007

1 euro = 1,3008 U.S. $

You make the transformations......................also the sum, but..............don’t say it to me.................please............:ride:

See you tomorrow for the pics of my bike.

Ciao Piero

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.