2007 second and third updating.

Brembo master cylinder 16x18 with short lever
Posted Image

Rekluse automatic clutch
Posted Image
This is an experiment for SM use.

• rebelventurer

Posted March 24, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Piero, you will love the rekluse auto clutch, the only way to go for super moto racing! Good to see your back! :applause:

• rebelventurer

Posted March 25, 2007 - 10:50 AM

Piero, check out this thread with your design and engineering back ground whats your opinion? "Has anyone tried" is the thread, and it pertains to the Rekluse clutch. :applause:

• RC30

Posted March 25, 2007 - 02:29 PM

Ciao Martin, I must still mount on my bike the auto clutch, so I cannot express my opinion yet.

Already, I know some people which have used it in off-road, they are very satisfied, I'm very curious in road use.

Still few weeks agrees also I will be able to have my opinion.

• RC30

Posted April 03, 2007 - 01:50 PM

2007 fourth step.

Discacciati rear caliper four pistons CNC machined
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• RC30

Posted April 04, 2007 - 11:09 AM

2007 fifth step.

Brembo rear master cylinder with short lever
Posted Image

Posted Image

Another piece CNC machined for this year.

• rebelventurer

Posted April 05, 2007 - 08:36 PM

Piero, are you using a hand operated brake for the rear? Thats what your previous pictures are telling me :bonk: Your rear caliper is a piece of art :naughty: Are these parts going to help you with your battle with weight?
Ciao, Martin

• RC30

Posted April 06, 2007 - 12:43 PM

Piero, are you using a hand operated brake for the rear? Thats what your previous pictures are telling me......

Yes Martin, I will use the automatic clutch, then I can remove the clutch lever, so, with the hand brake I will be able to manage better the rear brake in all type of road curves.

.....Your rear caliper is a piece of art......

It's true!

All the products of the Discacciati catalog are CNC machined. :bonk:

www.discacciati.net

or

http://www.carpimoto...rm=112&keyword=

.......Are these parts going to help you with your battle with weight?
Ciao, Martin

A little bit.

The new rear caliper is little heavier than the original one, but the master cylinder is more lighter than the original one and to the stock brake pedal (yezzzzz).

Ciao and you see to the next previews. :naughty:

• rebelventurer

Posted April 06, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Piero, Thanks for the links, some sweet stuff! the rear brake left hand deal will take a bit of getting used to. the weight you saved on the master cylinder will be lost with the additional length of rear brake line :naughty: But on the bright side you should have no problems with hot rear fluid :D
Have a happy easter, cant wait to see your next mods and the final (if there is such a thing) assembled bike pictures! :bonk:
Ciao, Martin

• RC30

Posted April 07, 2007 - 02:25 PM

....the weight you saved on the master cylinder will be lost with the additional length of rear brake line.....

Yes it's true, I will have some gram more, but I can accept this compromise, the advantages are more some disadvantages.

.....cant wait to see your next mods and the final (if there is such a thing) assembled bike pictures!......

Still few weeks, I have given the bike to an artisan who will build a new header pipe, then I will assembly all new particulars for 2007 version.

Also I'm impatient to see it ended (to drive it too).

Happy easter.

Ciao Piero

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hondathumper450

Posted April 08, 2007 - 05:12 AM

Piero
I see you have a cb400 in your lot. My niehgbor has one of the relics. need any parts?
Your 650 is going to be a work of art to say the least

• RC30

Posted April 08, 2007 - 12:05 PM

.....My niehgbor has one of the relics. need any parts?.......

Ciao Hondathumper450, thank you very much for the information, but I must tuning the bike, I will keep alone the frame and the engine (like my XR), also I will sell the pieces which do not serve me any more.

This is my old bike with some special parts: Keihin CR carbs, Koni shock absorbers (modified to have variable wheelbase), Dyna electronic ignition and CB350 mufflers (I love to see four mufflers on this kind of bike :thumbsup:).

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

• RC30

Posted April 14, 2007 - 02:05 PM

My last purchase, pit-bike boots, Axo Slammer Boot.

I will wear them to use the bike every day, they are "easier" than complete off-road model:

Posted Image

• rebelventurer

Posted April 14, 2007 - 05:05 PM

Piero, those look like they will last a while I like the double stitched soles and the metal toe guards :thumbsup: I have been wearing the Thor 50/50 boots and they are pretty comfortable but the soles are seperating where they are glued :ride: to the uppers therefore I would not reccomend them. I was considering the Alpinestars tech 2 as a replacement, but I think I like the Axo slammers better, but alas I have not seen them here in the states yet :worthy: Easier meaning to put on, and the weight, I used to wear alpinestars tech 8's sure they offer more protection but are a pain to wear all the time! Ciao, Martin

• RC30

Posted April 15, 2007 - 10:00 AM

......I used to wear alpinestars tech 8's....

Ciao Martin, I like very much these boots. :thumbsup:

I have always worn road boots (Alpinestars GP-Pro) with which I could quietly walk but with kick starter are not suitable.

Then I looked for an off-road boots but, as you have written, are a pain to wear all the time...........

The Axo Slammer have the big value to have the soft rear part which helps me when I wear them, however these aren’t either suitable for walking.

The shoe is too stiff as the classical off-road boot............

I will change the soles with the spare Axo dedicated to supermoto, or I will buy the soles of Vibram that always is dedicated to supermoto.

Both of them have the interchanging sliders.

Vibram supermoto soles (sorry is in italian language):

http://www.vibramrep...y/p_tecnica.htm

P.S. I have found this (there are Alpinestars and Gaerne pit-bike boots too):

http://www.renegader...e/axoboots.html

Ciao

Piero

• sequent

Posted April 29, 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hi Piero,

Any recent updates? It's been two weeks...!!!

Dave.

• tommy06

Posted April 30, 2007 - 12:13 AM

i did the calc of that list you mentioned..

$6132 :applause:

• RC30

Posted April 30, 2007 - 01:14 AM

Hi Piero,

Any recent updates? It's been two weeks...!!!

Dave.

Sorry sequent, I’ve several updates to show to you, but unfortunately in this moment I have still the bike from the craftsman who welds my new header pipe, his supplier must still deliver him some titanium pipes :applause:, when I will bring back at home the bike I will begin to update the thread. :excuseme:

i did the calc of that list you mentioned..

$6132 :p

Thanks tommy06, thanks a lot, thanks very very much to have remembered me how many money I have spent last year :p...................however the list is destined to increase :cry:................................:p

Piero

• Tekkaberg

Posted May 06, 2007 - 05:18 AM

ciao Piero...always stylish :applause:

• mikyrc

Posted May 06, 2007 - 09:16 AM

Whow! I just saw that thread and i'm impressed!!

Piero you did a really good job man.

greetings from Barcelona (Spain). :applause:

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.