Ciao from Italy

291 replies to this topic
  • Maroast

Posted February 09, 2007 - 12:54 PM

See you tomorrow for the pics of my bike.

NO! TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!!! :censored:

• Triple B

Posted February 09, 2007 - 01:03 PM

You make the transformations......................also the sum, but..............don’t say it to me.................please............:ride:

Thanks......that is less that I thought :censored:

See you tomorrow for the pics of my bike.

Can't wait :lol:

• RC30

Posted February 09, 2007 - 04:29 PM

NO! TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!!! :lol:

:ride:

Thanks......that is less that I thought :censored:.....

Unfortunately I don't remember the cost of the front braking system (about over 500 euros) and I have omitted the plastics costs because I must change them with others in carbon fibre (2007 modifications.....), for these and other modifications see you later..........:applause:

• RC30

Posted February 10, 2007 - 07:59 AM

Ciao to everybody, finally after over two months of modification pictures, here to you the pics of my bike finished.

Actually I have not mounted all the details shown in the previous pages, this is only a version in preview.

This year I’ll finish it with other new modifications, for now be satisfied with these images.

Rebelventurer, I have not been able to arrive to 275 lbs, with the new modifications I hope to reach us (and exceed them).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Marchesini wheels with new brakes, Brembo front, Braking rear.

Free radiators and air shock absorber.

Silencier G.P.R. and chain shifting for the widest wheel.

FMF header pipe with new Keihin FCR 41 and front master cylinder Brembo.

New cut of the rear mudguard and the temporary plate support.

See you later. Piero

• rebelventurer

Posted February 10, 2007 - 08:34 AM

Piero, AWESOME, :applause:
Are you replacing all plastics with carbon fiber?
Once again your methodic documentation of this project, is second to none! I hereby nominate you for the prestigous TT award of thread of the year for 2006. All your time and efforts deserves this recognition. If anyone else feels this way please pm the moderator, and owner, this kind of effort needs to be recognized, applauded and rewarded. (other than the fact that he gets to ride the bike).
Now then mods for 2007? Titanium bolts? A smaller led rear tail light? Looking at the pictures you posted, makes you want to drill the back half of the front fender and side panels to match the radiator shrouds? I have no doubt in my mind thhat you will reach and exceed 275 lbs! The wheels are absolutely trick, awesome. I had doubts about them but they are an exclamation mark! The front brake system looks scary strong.
Once again THANKS Piero, Awesome job.
Ciao, Martin aka Rebelventurer
:ride: :moon: :lol: :ride: :applause: :eek: :applause: :ride: :bonk: :mad: :p :censored:

• Miguel159

Posted February 10, 2007 - 10:09 AM

Nice work Piero :ride: .

You can lose another 4 oz (120 gm) by removing the two piece counter sprocket cover. :censored:

• roadrunner81

Posted February 10, 2007 - 10:34 AM

Ciao, it looks as though you are running an FCR off of a 450 rather than a 41mm FCR, Why? Bike looks great, love the inverts.

• roadrunner81

Posted February 10, 2007 - 10:36 AM

Is that the new dirt FCR?

• Garth Knight

Posted February 10, 2007 - 11:51 AM

Very good work :ride: I'd guess the airbox weighs quite a lot :censored: :lol:

• Thumpmeister

Posted February 10, 2007 - 01:44 PM

All I gotta say is 'DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG!'

I haven't been following this thread, but I wish I had been.

Also, I kind of wish Honda would import the XR650 from over there, to over here... Electric start and buddy pegs (and the SM option) would be kind cool at times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RC30

Posted February 10, 2007 - 03:34 PM

......Once again your methodic documentation of this project, is second to none! I hereby nominate you for the prestigous TT award of thread of the year for 2006. All your time and efforts deserves this recognition. If anyone else feels this way please pm the moderator, and owner, this kind of effort needs to be recognized, applauded and rewarded. (other than the fact that he gets to ride the bike).....

Thank you Martin..................:lol:

......Are you replacing all plastics with carbon fiber?.......Now then mods for 2007? Titanium bolts? A smaller led rear tail light? Looking at the pictures you posted, makes you want to drill the back half of the front fender and side panels to match the radiator shrouds? I have no doubt in my mind thhat you will reach and exceed 275 lbs!.......

Yes, I have just bought the mudguards the scoops and other parts in carbon fiber and my drill is ready, it does not see the time..............furthermore many titanium bolts, new brakes spacer, new rear brake, a different swing arm, a different exhaust system, a new and minimalist graphic and other little things that you will see later.................also I hope to exceed the 275 lbs. :censored:

......You can lose another 4 oz (120 gm) by removing the two piece counter sprocket cover.....

Yes Miguel, I will remove its.

Is that the new dirt FCR?

Ciao roadrunner, There is a misunderstanding, when I wrote “with new Keihin FCR 41” , I don’t mean the new model of Keihin, but new carburettor for the bike.

Now, do you understand?

.....I'd guess the airbox weighs quite a lot ......

..........:applause:............airbox is designed to be put on a shelf.

All I gotta say is 'DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNGGGGG!'......

............DANG?.............:ride:

• rebelventurer

Posted February 10, 2007 - 05:35 PM

Translation for "Dang" = Awesome or Fantastic or Holy smokes, Understand?
Ciao, Martin

• RC30

Posted February 11, 2007 - 02:33 AM

Translation for "Dang" = Awesome or Fantastic or Holy smokes, Understand?
Ciao, Martin

Ok Martin, now I understand. :censored:

Thank you. Piero

• Garth Knight

Posted February 11, 2007 - 02:01 PM

P.S. Piero, I love the Joey Dunlop replica helmet avatar :censored:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Joey_Dunlop

• RC30

Posted February 11, 2007 - 03:02 PM

Ciao Garth Knight, I considered Joey Dunlop a big man and then a very great racer, with a big heart.

I miss him very much.

• Garth Knight

Posted February 11, 2007 - 04:08 PM

Joey had the longest running helmet deal with ARAI, and he was the only factory Honda rider who didn't have to sign a contract, a handshake was good enough. VERY BIG COJONES for sure :censored:

• RC30

Posted February 12, 2007 - 12:53 PM

Tank comparison

Posted Image
Aluminium tank on left and stock tank on right

As you can see, the first is much narrower, the guide position becomes moved forward, for a better control and use more entertaining of the bike.

:censored:

• Triple B

Posted February 12, 2007 - 01:48 PM

Very nice Piero
:ride: :lol: :applause:
Are there any plans on going into the engine? If so keep updated? :censored:

• RC30

Posted February 12, 2007 - 02:26 PM

....Are there any plans on going into the engine? If so keep updated?.....

Ciao Triple B, problably I will lighten the flywheel (about 0,5 lbs), I will make new header pipe and I will use a new air-box (home made), for the engine is enough.

Now I am engaged with a new swing-arm and new brake spacers.

Piero

• jesusgatos

Posted February 12, 2007 - 07:51 PM

All up how much lighter is the complete new front end,what is the weight difference between the old front end and the new?

From the new front end I have lost about 4kg (8.8lbs).

I'm also interested in the weight difference between the stock front end and the CRF450 setup. 8.8lbs? Hmmm...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.