Helmet stink??

33 replies to this topic
  • xcape

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Whats the best way to get that smell out of my helmet?

• yz250ftony

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:25 AM

Take out the foam inserts and wash them. They snap out..

• 323racer

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:39 AM

fabreeze works temporarily. just spray it every once and a while

• Kev_XR

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:49 AM

Most off-road helmets have removable liners.
Take it out and wash it.

• creeky

Posted October 01, 2006 - 11:10 AM

I spray the inside with Oxy-Clean, let it soak for a while, rinse it out with the garden hose and let it dry.

• stephon

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:02 PM

I take my helmet pads out and wash them after every ride with my gear and let it air dry.

• GENE426

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:09 PM

Throw a couple of dryer sheets in when you put your helmet in the bag....

• bigbluerider4life

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:26 PM

wash the inserts they snap out

• suzuki2stroker

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:37 PM

leave it out in the sun (upside down)

• GENE426

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:52 PM

wash the inserts they snap out

NOT ALL HELMETS LINERS COME OUT........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hodgkins

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:56 PM

My helmet and I are very intimate.We take long hot showers together and share the shampoo.

• Sundog

Posted October 01, 2006 - 04:29 PM

My helmet and I are very intimate.We take long hot showers together and share the shampoo.

Too Much Information :thumbsup:

• robsgt

Posted October 01, 2006 - 05:06 PM

I've heard to take them into the shower too, although I've never tried it because all of my liners were removable.

• XR4DEZ

Posted October 01, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Wash it once a month and after every ride spray the hell out of it with Lysol.

• xbreaka

Posted October 01, 2006 - 06:22 PM

i dont wash the insides of my helmet :thumbsup:

• r_benner

Posted October 01, 2006 - 08:56 PM

Maybe your lid is trying to tell you something. Your head might stink?

jk
sorry for this......

drinking a little

r

• BigDog46

Posted October 01, 2006 - 09:24 PM

I don't remove my liners because they never seem to go back in exactly the way they came and out and not every peice is removable. I just spray the whole thing down good with some diluted dishwashing liquid and then rinse them gently with a hose after every ride. There's no way I am going to put that sweat (which is basically urine) soaked thing back on my head.

• AbandonedMX

Posted October 01, 2006 - 09:36 PM

hahahahaha.....ok my girlfriend was at my house and she went in my closet and saw my riding gear, she decided to put the helmet on and she immediately threw the helmet off of her head and yelled, "It smells like cat piss!!!!"
lol....I replied, "What do you expect, I ride at temperatures over 100 degrees....it aint gonna smell like flowers!"
Anyways...so yeah..she made me wash the padding in the helmet.

• MXOldtimer

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:06 PM

What kind of two bit helmet you guys riding with that doesn't have a removable liner? For years all my helmets have had removable liners and snap out cheek pads that go right in the washer with the rest of the gear, then I rinse out the shell with warm water. Liners/cheek pads snaps out, snaps in take a couple min's.

I suppose you don't rinse your boots out either? :thumbsup: :lame: :p

• Sundog

Posted October 02, 2006 - 05:11 AM

There's no way I am going to put that sweat (which is basically urine) soaked thing back on my head.

Ummm....wrong end there buddy. My sweat smells nothing like urine. Sounds like you have some other issues going on to me. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.