Checking Dual sport kit?

3 replies to this topic
  • pgiinc

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:00 AM

I have an XR650 I just installed a Baja Dual sport kit To, The carb is off waiting the Edelbrock I orded (may be two weeks who knows)is there a way to put or charge the system to see if all is working connecting as far as light horn turns etc
I turned switch on and there is no power I assume it needs to be running to charge the little 12 volt battery pack
any way I can light it up without the motor being on?

• kraut61

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:34 AM

If you're referring to a Baja Designs kit , mine came already charged...I remember a funny note in the instructions that asked if you were color blind to get help.I also noticed that since this is a universal type kit that color to color wiring was not always followed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pgiinc00

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:46 AM

can I run 12volts to it to the White and Orange wire thats gone to the stator?

• pgiinc00

Posted October 01, 2006 - 11:11 AM

kraut61 the orange and white wires do work! goes to the battery and I am able to check all systems and charge
I figuered out my lonesome
now we both know kraut61
thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.