Full system or slip on....

9 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted October 01, 2006 - 01:45 AM

Man the plot thickens..... :thumbsup:

I have my wish list now of hard earned money to spend. I have narrowed my choices down, but am still slightly in between worlds of getting complete system or only slip on muffler. Based on sound not being an issue and cost being an issue my choices are as follows in ranking with comments for full system:

1) Dr.D Full race system (around 400 bucks only question is access to oil filter and quality)
2) White bros aluminum pro full system (around 535 bucks more than Dr.D have not heard any negative points yet)
3) Pro circuit T4 muffler with Pro circuit SS header (combo around 553, is this combo as effective as the above 2 full systems?)

For only slip on:
1) Pro circuit T4 (around 383)
2) White bros E2 (around 360)

Prices are from on line shops. I have not put Ti pipes in list as I am concerned about damage as I do spend allot of time picking up my bike....

Is the extra money for the full systems worth it?????

Where would you guys spend your cash :lame:

• Alley Cat

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:12 AM

The PC t4 muffler and ss header will be more mid to top.
The muffler is also different to that of the one found in the full system.

The E2 won't provide half the gains of the other systems you are looking at.

• Jekel

Posted October 01, 2006 - 06:11 AM

Even with sound not being a issue I would look into a quiter type of slip on exhaust to enjoy the ride more. Excessively loud can get old quick (not that I would know;-). I would decide on a slip on which provided what I wanted performance wise and then add a header later for what I need. Also look at the tunable exahust systems as they wil allow you to fine tune engine characteristics you may want at the time. I have had a SuperTrapp since 99 (yes everyone laugh) and have had good success with it. I then went with the power bomb header to access the filter better. The bike has all the power I need for the woods and I can play with disk settings when I feel like it for difering characteristics. I can also quiet it down when needed and run it more open when I want. Just my .02

• pjriss

Posted October 01, 2006 - 06:23 AM

I'm not a big fan of any type of "tunable disc" type mufflers. I've had Supertrapp and White Bro's and both were just as restrictive as stock. The only gain I got was noise. With money being an issue why not just get a used YZ muffler? Cheap and super durable. Besides, $400-500 is a lot of money to spend for a compromise. I bought my last 2 exhaust systems on ebay. Here's what's on ebay now: ebay exhausts

• pkcof

Posted October 02, 2006 - 12:08 AM

I still say that it's pretty hard to go past the GYT-R pipe ... great fit, good looks, sounds nice and unlocks that extra power that everyone is looking for - i'm certainly happy with mine !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boer

Posted October 02, 2006 - 06:17 AM

I still say that it's pretty hard to go past the GYT-R pipe ... great fit, good looks, sounds nice and unlocks that extra power that everyone is looking for - i'm certainly happy with mine !

The only problem is that it is more expensive than the DR.D and White bros. :lame:

At around 400 bucks for a full DR.D system it sounds like good value for money, however not may people seem to have the DR.D setup. Is it an inferior pipe? :thumbsup:

• Alley Cat

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:20 AM

The only problem is that it is more expensive than the DR.D and White bros. :lame:

At around 400 bucks for a full DR.D system it sounds like good value for money, however not may people seem to have the DR.D setup. Is it an inferior pipe? :thumbsup:

Dr D doesn't make as much power but is no way an inferior pipe.
They rate very well indeed and at that price, nothing would be better.
For $100 or so extra, I would still get the WB Al2.

• Dodjy

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Man the plot thickens..... :thumbsup:

Is the extra money for the full systems worth it?????

Where would you guys spend your cash :lame:

If noise isn't an issue, cut the guts out of the standard muffler (see previous Dodjy threads) and spend some of the money on setting the suspension up for you. Use the balance you saved for beer. mmmmmmmmmmBEERmmmmmm!

• SID013

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:34 PM

I have the DrD slip-on & am very impressed with its performance over the standard WR system with end piece removed. Seemed to give me more down at the bottom end only which meant not having to drop down to 1st on sandy hillclimbs. That was until I fitted the Boyzen quickshot & Vortex X10 now I have excellent power right through range. I was told I wouldn't experience any improvement by fitting the DrD header so haven't done that yet. I have fitted the quiet tip to cut the noise a little but didn't notice any drop in performance. Hope this helps.

• boer

Posted October 03, 2006 - 09:20 PM

Does anybody use the white bros MX4 slip on? Is it a full on MX pipe for high rpm gains or will it be good down low too? It's going for around $288 :devil:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.