Braided or Stainless Steel Lines

8 replies to this topic
  • dangermouse007

Posted September 30, 2006 - 09:42 AM

Anybody in here use Braided or Stainless Steel line on there Wr's i'm thinking of upgrading to get better feel from the stock brakes, and sometime they can be a little wooly on the lever....just after advise..

• Alley Cat

Posted October 01, 2006 - 03:14 AM

They will definately sharpen up the feeling mate. Braided SS line will increase stopping power a tiny bit too.

• 5valve

Posted October 01, 2006 - 07:44 AM

I've gone braided cr style front on my 99 400.

Posted October 01, 2006 - 08:18 AM

steel braided lines feel great and stop way better all the pressure you use goes straight to the caliper instead of swelling the brake line.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pjriss

Posted October 01, 2006 - 09:47 AM

Braided SS lines are great for street, they really improve the feel and stopping power. I prefer stock rubber lines in the dirt I have no problem locking the bakes in the dirt with rubber lines :thumbsup:

• simon@vic

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:13 AM

Anybody in here use Braided or Stainless Steel line ..

same thing dude!!! they are "SS braided" lines :thumbsup:

i wouldn't run them on my WR. would make the breaks feel too "woody". unless it was pure motard set up.

• NavyNuke

Posted October 01, 2006 - 10:08 PM

I like the extra feedback I get out of the stainless lines. Still need to do that upgrade to the WR, much farther down the list of mods than it was on sportbikes, but its coming soon.

• GCannon

Posted October 02, 2006 - 07:59 AM

Look Here http://www.ride-engi...php?p=b&s=0&e=5 they also have cute little clamps converting to "CR" style routing makes the hose shorter (and lighter) which will help with better feel.

• Ram2

Posted October 27, 2006 - 04:20 AM

Hi guys,

Anyone knows what's the lenght of the CR style brake hose on a WR?
And the diameter of it as well?
Can't seems to locate the info..

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.