flywheel weight 03 450 suggestions?

3 replies to this topic
  • zach250

Posted September 29, 2006 - 10:48 PM

Any suggestions on a flywheel weight setup? I weigh 225lbs and do a lot of trail riding and hill climbing. I'm not sure what weight to get or which brand to check out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just dumped my cr500 and am a little new to the f.

• ThompsonV311

Posted September 30, 2006 - 07:16 AM

Go with the GYTR off road flywheel. It comes in two different weights. I use the heavier of the two for desert racing, and trail riding. It is just under $100 and yopu don't have to send yours in for a core. Just bolt on and go. You can find it on the Yamaha-Motors site.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sixoutoften

Posted September 30, 2006 - 05:16 PM

I put a 8 oz. fly wheel weight on my bike. I believe I got it from Zip-Ty racing. It was fairly inexpensive and easy to install.

I love what the 8 oz. weight did to my bike. It was the same weight that a lot of the pros ran back in '03. I think any heavier would be too much. Then again I ride motocross, but if you are into trail riding you might want to consider a 10 oz.

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2006 - 10:39 PM

Either the heavier off-road GYT-R, or the Dr.D 8 ounce. Avoid bolt-on weights. Read:

http://www.thumperta...526#post3859526

Dr.D will exchange one of his flywheels any number of times for one of a different weight and charge only shipping for the service. But having run 3 different weight 'wheels on my '03, my opinion is that the 8 is the way to go, regardless of the type of riding you use it for. There is no downside to it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.