Back on blue and couldn't be happier!

1 reply to this topic
  • dsrtridr

Posted September 29, 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hi guys,

I know these threads are becoming quite common lately but can you blame me for being excited about my new bike. After years of trail riding I have started racing motocross and about six months ago picked up a 2002 CRF450. I though this bike was the greatest but I never could get the turning or suspension to feel right. Rather than spend a lot of money on the bike I read reviews on this forum and decided to go for a left over 2006 YZ450F. This bike is amazing :thumbsup: . After the first two laps on the track I was faster than I was on the Honda. It is light, turns great, and the suspension is the best I have ever ridden. I'd like to say thanks for all the good info I have already received on set up. I have changed the pilot to a 45, set the sag and raised the forks, and greased everything up (bearings were nearly dry). I also added a works connection glide plate and their radiator cages (pretty impressive).

I used to own an '01 WR250F and after 5 years the valves were still in spec. How long should I wait to do the first inspection? On the CRF I had to re shim after approximately 20 hours. The Honda will be for sale as it will be collecting dust in the garage.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rexbond007

Posted September 29, 2006 - 04:46 PM

check it afte 20 hrs and ride it till it's hard to start!
i'm waiting for a 07

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.