Does A Yz Left Cover Fit On A 2006 Wr

5 replies to this topic
  • handlebar

Posted September 29, 2006 - 05:27 AM

In an effort to remove weight from my 2006 WR I want to remove the electric start. The cleanest way to remove the starter would be to replace the left side cover with a YZ cover to eliminate the starter casting.Does anybody know if the YZf left cover will fit the WR??? I run a rekluse autocluch and it makes electric start almost useless on the trail because you never stall.

• MountainMax

Posted September 29, 2006 - 12:12 PM

I would think an 05 YZ cover should fit fine, I always go back one year when buying stuff for my WR, as the wr's seem to be a year behind the yz's

• PBDBLUE

Posted September 29, 2006 - 02:49 PM

I not 100% sure but I don't think it will fit because the WR flywheel is different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NYMXer

Posted September 29, 2006 - 03:28 PM

I not 100% sure but I don't think it will fit because the WR flywheel is different.

The whole motor is differant so why should it fit? We are talking YZ here not YZF right?

• MountainMax

Posted September 29, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Im sure he means the YZ450f

• handlebar

Posted September 29, 2006 - 05:42 PM

Yes...I mean yzf sorry...I found a used cover on ebay with a BIN of $36 ....its on the way.I will let yaa'll know if it works.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.