RATTLING UNDER ACCELERATION

8 replies to this topic
  • SALTY

Posted December 07, 2001 - 07:39 AM

HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS EXPERIENCED A RATTLING UNDER ACCELERATION AT ABOUT 4000 RPM.

• MN_Kevin

Posted December 07, 2001 - 07:57 AM

possibly pinging from low octane or bad fuel?

• rwcfrank

Posted December 07, 2001 - 11:30 AM

chain slap from the guide dont let it worry you... Adjust the chain to spec and do a search on "chain guide"

• John_H

Posted December 07, 2001 - 01:17 PM

Just when I didn't pay attention to that annoying chain slap noise anymore, I saw that the chain guide was wearing into the top of my swing arm (thanks to motoman393). I glued a piece of inner tube to the top of the swing arm to protect it and bolted the chain guide back on. No more chain slap either. I'm guessing another few hundred miles and there would have been a hole in the swingarm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted December 07, 2001 - 06:28 PM

Hey Guys,

If you dont fix this problem you will have to buy a new swingarm whenever a nice size hole develops! Check out my site at http://mx393.tripod.com/swingarm.html I have a complete write up w/pics! Later,

Garrett

• Taffy

Posted December 07, 2001 - 09:55 PM

yes but how does your APJ work motoman?

or am i too technical for ya :)

Taffy

• DOC

Posted December 08, 2001 - 12:55 AM

Originally posted by Taffy:
yes but how does your APJ work motoman?

or am i too technical for ya :)

Taffy

just have a look at this site. Its very comprehensive and well researched.
www.lifenet.com/brm/carbkei.htm

[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: DOC ]

• Taffy

Posted December 08, 2001 - 02:59 AM

doc

i wrote the manual!

motoman has had an e-mail from me asking him if the BK mod CAN squirt after the first, initial and brief one of .3 seconds. i don't think it can. but i need someone who has checked it out to tell me. i would expect motoman to know.

unfortunately i don't have the mk2 carb so i can't find out for myself.

does anyone else know?

Taffy

• DOC

Posted December 08, 2001 - 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Taffy:
doc

i wrote the manual!

motoman has had an e-mail from me asking him if the BK mod CAN squirt after the first, initial and brief one of .3 seconds. i don't think it can. but i need someone who has checked it out to tell me. i would expect motoman to know.

unfortunately i don't have the mk2 carb so i can't find out for myself.

does anyone else know?

Taffy

ha! that doesn't surprise me one bit! bet you laughed to youself when you read my last post.
looking at my carb, i don't see how it could squirt again after the inital pump, since its all mechanical, but if it was injected.......
im not sure why anyone would need to have it pump again after the inital throttle snap. my understanding is the engine sees a large amount of air when the slide suddenly opens, and therefore needs the extra fuel to prevent the engine from leaning out and stopping.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.