Pro Taper Bars = longer throttle cables?

3 replies to this topic
  • redmanrandyed

Posted September 27, 2006 - 06:42 PM

I will be going on a 3 day ride next week and am planning on putting on some Tusk bar adapters (3/4 inch rise) and a CR HIGH Pro Taper handlebar.
Will I run into problems with my cables? Will I need longer cables?
I do not want to be messing around with this setup right before a ride if the stock cables are too short.
2000 XR 650R

Thanks in advance
Redmanrandyed

• justicedone

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:32 PM

The stock cables fit on my L model, and I used the same setup.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted September 27, 2006 - 10:09 PM

I put a new triple clamp and protapers and had no problem with any of the cables, you will have to either file down the locator pins in the switch pods(turn signal, and starter),or drill a hole on each side of the bars. I filed the pins carefully making sure to leave enough material to hold the assembly in place, keep it from rotating. Good luck. :thumbsup: Sorry I see you ride an R model, mines an L so all should work though, just look at the bottom clamping area of your switch housings for the above mentioned pins. :lame:

• slowxr

Posted September 28, 2006 - 01:34 PM

I had the same set up on my XR. It will fit fine. You might have to rotate your throttle assembly and the decompression lever might need to be moved inward.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.