Do I need a Blue needle jet

2 replies to this topic
  • MN_Paul

Posted September 27, 2006 - 05:24 PM

I was going to install a JD jet kit, but found out it already had a RED needle in it. Is it worth having the blue needle, or can I save some money by just using the red one. I took a look at the jetting database and it seems split between blue and red.

2005 WR450,
0-1000ft,
moderate to high humidity,
55-85 degrees.
TwinAir filter, modified airbox, opened stock exhaust (might get a FMF-Q2).

I already picked up a 168 main and a 48 pilot.

Thanks,
Paul in MN

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 27, 2006 - 06:04 PM

You will be fine with the red. Use clip positions 4 for summmer and 5 for cooler weather. Use clip # 6 only if you ride below 45 degrees. :thumbsup:

• Few

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:08 PM

You will be fine with the red. Use clip positions 4 for summmer and 5 for cooler weather. Use clip # 6 only if you ride below 45 degrees. :thumbsup:

Indy, you are the MAN! :lame: nice post for us rookie's at jetting. I have only owned/ridden my 450 for a short time (riding time/work/kids/wife...availability) and needed to have that little confirmation that things were working for this bike as required by my rigorous standards.
I too run the red with no complaints thus far. :p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.