is 07 oil filter same as 06

13 replies to this topic
  • warrior86

Posted September 27, 2006 - 05:09 PM

I have an 07450f on order and it should be in within a week. I want to buy a scotts stainless oil filter for it but on their site it shows 03 - 06. I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if the 07 uses a different filter. Thanks

• obermeyer

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:10 PM

yes the 07 and 06 filters are the same part number from yamaha. so the scotts will fit fine..

OBE

• warrior86

Posted September 28, 2006 - 03:03 AM

thanks man, i appreciate the quick response. Im so excited for this bike and i want everything to be ready by the time i kick it over for the first time.

• nysurfsf

Posted September 28, 2006 - 03:08 PM

alot of the bolts on the '07 have been changed to 10mm......so it's gonna be easy to do lot's of stuff. I hate the little bolts!

• warrior86

Posted September 28, 2006 - 05:37 PM

nice...i hated switched between 8, 10, and 12 mm sockets

• machweezy

Posted September 28, 2006 - 05:48 PM

not all parts are the same (06/07). I ordered an fmf powercore muffler (for 07 yz450) and it did not fit. A lot of online shops are advertising 07 products and some may be different. I called fmf and they do not have an 07 yz450 to test. They said they are getting many calls similar to mine, beware!

• warrior86

Posted September 29, 2006 - 11:12 AM

thanks for the heads up. I plan on getting a gytr enduro skid plate, the WC radiator braces, and some kind of frame guards. I guess i have to call and make sure they are compatible with 07. Problem is, i dont wanna ride the bike without having the armor on it first. thanks tho.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • obermeyer

Posted September 29, 2006 - 07:18 PM

Just so you know. The 07 YZ450 comes with factory rad braces on it...

OBE

• warrior86

Posted September 29, 2006 - 09:14 PM

correct me if im wrong, but those braces look like they will do as much good as the stock skid plates that comes on the 250f's. Pretty much good for sand, water, and most types of air.

• warrior86

Posted September 29, 2006 - 09:15 PM

Dealer said my bike should be in first week of october. I ordered the gytr enduro skid plate, the anodized oil drain plug, and the fuel screw. I also order the WC radiator "cage". Ill let you know how everything turns out. IM so excited.

• skidooboy

Posted September 30, 2006 - 04:56 AM

i'm guessing why the pipes arent fitting is, the motor on the 07 was changed to sit more verticle to centralize mass. so the pipe mounts, length, ect are probably different. ski

• warrior86

Posted September 30, 2006 - 06:39 AM

hmm, but if its more vertical, wouldnt that make it more top heavy?

• grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2006 - 10:11 PM

i'm guessing why the pipes arent fitting is, the motor on the 07 was changed to sit more verticle to centralize mass. so the pipe mounts, length, ect are probably different. ski

That change was made in '06, not '07. That would not be what caused a pipe not to fit, since the engines are the same.

hmm, but if its more vertical, wouldnt that make it more top heavy?

It would if it had been more horizontal than it was in the '05 model, and if that were the only change. But cylinder was only canted forward by about 5 degrees in the older models, and the crank in the '06 was placed lower in the engine, so the top end was not only moved closer to the CG, it was lowered as well.

• machweezy

Posted September 30, 2006 - 10:38 PM

The muffler seemed to line up right with brackets but it was the diameters of muffler and header that did not match. (06 on an 07).

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.