Spark plug question *HELP

2 replies to this topic
  • Rooster426

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:07 PM

I just ran to the local shop after work to get a new spark plug for my '01 wr426. I should've checked the box as the kid working the counter could not have been old enough to drive. So I wanted the NGK CR8E plug, but instead I got the NGK CR8EK (it has dual electrodes, not like a "v" but rather 180 degrees from each other)

Anyone use this out there??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, I've used them. They are about $3.00 more than a CR8E and I couldn't tell any difference in the two.

• Rooster426

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:43 PM

Well the bike fired right up, figured what the heck-it's just more spark. I have a dual sport ride coming up and although changing a plug in the field isn't hard, it's still a pain in the a$$. 4 bolts to remove gas tank, then wiggling a socket under the frame. I'll keep you posted if anything does arise....

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.