Really light throttle

5 replies to this topic
  • theclone

Posted September 26, 2006 - 03:15 PM

I recently rode a buddy's CRF250 and I noticed how much stiffer (and better)the throttle action felt. Compared to it, the throttle on my bike is just... blah. It takes a lot of throttle control coming in to corners and such because its just way too easy to twist. I have been thrown over a berm or 2 because of this.:foul:So I'm thinking maybe the return spring or whatever is worn out? It is an 8 yr old bike afterall...
I tried looking for a new one on rockymountain but came up with nothing. Can someone help me out? Do you think its just the way all Yamaha's are?

• StreetbikePimp

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Never heard of anybody ever complaining that the throttle was too easy to twist. Usually most people want that.

Never heard of a throttle spring wearing out either. If you do want to replace it though, give www.sudco.com a look-see, or call them. They'll have your part.

Look to see that you have 2 cables going from your throttle to your carb. A common mod is to remove the return cable for faster throttle action.

• theclone

Posted September 27, 2006 - 08:41 PM

Its hard to explain...
I would like to have a little more resistance when I twist. As of right now it takes almost no effort, and its dangerous.
Its not the cables either cuz I just replaced those.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted September 27, 2006 - 10:42 PM

I recently rode a buddy's CRF250 and I noticed how much stiffer (and better)the throttle action felt. Compared to it, the throttle on my bike is just... blah. It takes a lot of throttle control coming in to corners and such because its just way too easy to twist. I have been thrown over a berm or 2 because of this.:foul:So I'm thinking maybe the return spring or whatever is worn out? It is an 8 yr old bike afterall...
I tried looking for a new one on rockymountain but came up with nothing. Can someone help me out? Do you think its just the way all Yamaha's are?

Come to think of it all the FCR carb'd Yamahas I've rode have been like this. This has included 250fs, 426s, and a WR 450f :thumbsup:

• theclone

Posted September 28, 2006 - 01:22 PM

Come to think of it all the FCR carb'd Yamahas I've rode have been like this. This has included 250fs, 426s, and a WR 450f :thumbsup:

Yeah thats kinda what I thought was the case. Oh well.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 28, 2006 - 09:50 PM

Yeah thats kinda what I thought was the case. Oh well.

Im sure you could put a throttle return spring off of a Honda or Suzuki if you wanted. Seems more trouble than its worth though

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.