WD40: Junk or Legit?

25 replies to this topic
  • benjermenJ

Posted September 29, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Has anyone ever used Boeshields T-9 as a chain and part lubricant?

• mudhog735

Posted October 05, 2006 - 12:27 PM

ill 2nd that!

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted October 05, 2006 - 06:20 PM

Hmmm....loctite....super....LUBRICANT??? That is funny!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tom S

Posted October 06, 2006 - 07:19 AM

I think it is good for displacing the water after washing, so the chain does not get rusty. That is what WD stands for- Water Displacing. I have never heard that it has any long term lubricating qualities or that it hurts the rubber o-rings.

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted October 06, 2006 - 07:48 AM

Chain Wax on dirt and all surfaces other than sand, when I go to the dunes I use WD-40 or liquid wrench stuff (non flammable). I have been told the wax and chain stuff is not good for the sand cause it causes the sand to stick to the chain which tears the chain and sprockets up real fast.

• Texas4play

Posted October 06, 2006 - 11:57 AM

I vote WD for cleaning or a quick lube. For long term I use RK chain oil or just engine oil ....coat the chain wipe with rag ....good-to-go ...leaves no mess.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.