WR450 vs. KTM450EXC

5 replies to this topic
  • roee

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:18 PM

I know the responses are likely to be biased towards the WR, but that's not a bad thing.

I'm looking to, perhaps, change color to blue at 2007 (new WR). What are your impressions about the differences between the two? Most interested in the suspension.

Thanks.

• Triumphs

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:22 PM

I'm looking to, perhaps, change color to blue at 2007 (new WR). What are your impressions about the differences between the two?

The new WR450 looks awesome in the pics but I think someone will actually have to be able to ride one first before any "impressions" can be given! :thumbsup:

• roee

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:35 PM

Sure, but I'm guessing there is some similarity to the '06. I mean, it's PROBABLY not a world of difference. So I'd like to hear from '06 owners.

I'm quite heavy, at approximately 270lbs with all gear, I'm wondering if the WR will fit me better in terms of suspension (after respringing, obviously).

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chasejj

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:03 PM

You are right near my size and I am thinking of switching from a 525 in order to get the rising rate linkage setup and Speed Sensitive TC forks.
After tinkering with spring rates and valve changes for 3 years I have come to a decision that the PDS no link has major shortcomings with riders over 230 lbs and that WP forks may work acceptably but the demands the PDS shortcomings have force you to constantly fiddle here as well.

I am looking at the new 450WR and the Husky TE450 in order to get a rear suspension that can achieve a spring progression that performs over most terrain conditions and is not a huge compromise in any. :thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:04 PM

I am about 240 with gear on. I am 210 without the gear. Yes, thats 30lbs of $hit that I carry, including tools and 7.5lbs of gatorade.

My wr450 works significantly better for me with the correct springs. However, I probably need to get it revalved. My main problem is the rear right now. It just can't seem to get it right. Its either kicking sideways or too soft. Maybe a revalve is what i need. But, my weight isn't a problem, at least not for the bike.

You may definitely need to look at revalving.

• Triumphs

Posted September 27, 2006 - 06:54 AM

Sure, but I'm guessing there is some similarity to the '06. I mean, it's PROBABLY not a world of difference. So I'd like to hear from '06 owners.

???? You better look again! The 06 owners can give you some good feedaback on the 06...if that' what you're looking at? The 07 is a quite different bike and the changes are not like from 05 to 06 if that's what you're assuming? If they transform the WR as the YZ was... it will be notable, but you might have to wait a while before getting any good riding impressions on it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.