any opinions on Wr's new competition?

20 replies to this topic
  • jetfuel

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:13 PM

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:37 PM

I think it looks pretty sweet but will reserve judgement until I hear some reviews.

• Morton

Posted September 26, 2006 - 12:52 PM

#3 seems kawasaki does a lot of things yamaha is doing for their 07 models or vice versa. Good to know there is competition but personally I would stick with yamaha for a few years until kawasaki gets the kinks worked out.

• Summit

Posted September 26, 2006 - 01:08 PM

Looks really good. Sounds like it's light too.

• kskyles

Posted September 26, 2006 - 01:34 PM

competition like this is great. it forces every company to make improvements to their bikes. i know most of us wouldn't mind losing 20lbs of bike weight.

we could all probably lose 20lbs of gut weight....

• FTD

Posted September 26, 2006 - 01:47 PM

I am anxiously awaiting the Kawasaki 320F (or whatever cc it is going to be) with electric start and a light. :thumbsup:

• drtbk4ever

Posted September 26, 2006 - 02:07 PM

I've nver been a fan of green, but I must say this 450 may get some attention.

And competition is never a bad thing for consumers.

• MountainMax

Posted September 26, 2006 - 03:43 PM

Notice how they never listed the actual weight though, and a 35 watt headlight don't sound too bright for my midnight cruises......

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:02 PM

Looks good! But give it dual registration :thumbsup:

• ncampion

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Gee, it only took Kawasaki eight years to make a copy of the Yamaha.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:07 PM

No more new bikes for me unless it is a plated dirtbike.

Who cares if its green, red or blue if we can't ride it.

• YzGuy79

Posted September 26, 2006 - 09:20 PM

Did anybody else notice that nowhere in that article did it mention what size / type of "carb" it will have? :thumbsup:

Possibly it won't have one??

Things that make you go...hmmm!!!

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 26, 2006 - 09:57 PM

No more new bikes for me unless it is a plated dirtbike.

Who cares if its green, red or blue if we can't ride it.

I have to agree with this comment... I really like the newest Kawi but with KTM and Husky both being dual sported it's gonna be a tough sell to buy anything other than street plated off road bike. Don't count the 2008 WR450 out yet, they just might be plated... I think that's where our sport is headed.

• RC81

Posted September 26, 2006 - 10:54 PM

Kawasaki traditionally has ranked behind Honda and Yamaha in quality. This would not be a bike to buy its first year out in my book. That being said, it is always nice to have choices - keeps the manufactures from getting lazy and we the consumer win in the end.

• redswr

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:09 AM

to qoute my buddy on this, "thats not compitition its a pea on wheels"

• Triumphs

Posted September 27, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Nice to see them get into the game again. I saw an "artists impression" somewhere of the new Suzuki also. It will nice to see all of the big four Japanese builders involved as it will only help competition and keep updates more I suspect they care more about competing with each then with the euro manufacturers. :thumbsup:

Posted September 27, 2006 - 09:19 AM

I hope it restarts after a stall easier than the KX!!! Both of the last two HS I've raced I've seen two DIFFERENT KX450 riders sitting on the course kicking their brains out to no avail. maybe the redesigned cam and auto decomp will help.

• FTD

Posted September 27, 2006 - 08:42 PM

The brand name... color preference game doesn't register with me. If a bike feels good... runs good... handles appropriately and is reliable... why not buy it... regardless of color... if you can afford it?
When I bought my WR new... it was the best bike on the market... for me... at that time. If KTM or any other brand had a bike I thought was the best bike for me... I would of bought it!

• MountainMax

Posted September 28, 2006 - 03:17 AM

Well, I am very brand Loyal, Must be blue 4 me........

• Ramcc4x4

Posted September 28, 2006 - 09:06 AM

The article mentioned low end and mid-range power. Looking at the low swooping header confirms that. I'd like to ride it when it comes out. That picture also makes me want to convert my 06 headlight to the 07 WR headlight.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.