Supplies for Servicing Your XR650R

4 replies to this topic
  • philipstjohn

Posted September 26, 2006 - 03:58 AM

Where I live, the closest Honda Dealer is 45 minutes away, and they stock virtually nothing for the 650R. There are no other shops around. I am basically forced to order everything I need online. I have recently used Service Honda, but is there any other "wholesale venders or discount shops" like Service Honda online to order parts? And, can you get HP4 in bulk or by the case online? Please let know if you have any hot tips! Thanks :thumbsup:

• eastreich

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:47 AM

I hate to be the one to tell you, but I think that Service is your best option. They have very competitive pricing (it is less than retail, but there is the shipping aspect). The only thing to remember is that if they don't have the part in stock, they first have to get it shipped to them, and then to you.

Many of the parts you need may also be at XR's Only or Summers Racing (SRC). Chris Blais (even though he now rides for KTM) also specializes in XR650 setups and parts (Blais Racing).

As for the oil, I am not sure. It depends on the shipping method as it is deemed hazardous. If you talk to your local dealer, they should be able to sell you a case of HP4, or at least order it for you. I had my dealer order me a case of HP4M 20-50 and it wasn't a problem.

Or if you are lucky, you can hold a gun to your dealer's head. I have a great dealer in Butte, MT. Tim Seymour stocks almost every 650 consumable you might need, there may even be one HRC power up kit (cam, piston, etc...) in stock. But since he is my riding partner, and he also rides a 650R, I'm lucky to have the ideal situation. If you would like to contact him (I'm sure that he would ship you parts if you needed them) the phone number for Redline Sports is 1-800-233-3884. You can also reach Tim at parts@redlinesports.com.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted September 26, 2006 - 07:02 AM

The absolute cheapest prices is Honda Direct 5.00 shipping and free ship over a 100.00, they are not the fastest but I'm allways happy with their low prices. :thumbsup:

http://www.hondadirectline.com/

• cleonard

Posted September 26, 2006 - 09:16 AM

The absolute cheapest prices is Honda Direct 5.00 shipping and free ship over a 100.00, they are not the fastest but I'm allways happy with their low prices. :thumbsup:

http://www.hondadirectline.com/

Shipping is an issue with Service Honda. They seem to want a minimum of $15 to ship anything. If you are buying something small, they are not always the best price. With $5 shipping hondadirectline.com sounds good for the small stuff.

• philipstjohn

Posted September 26, 2006 - 02:53 PM

Service Honda charges FL residents(or at least me) a min of $13 for shipping- Will look into Direct Honda. Thanks Guys... just want and need to work on my bike since it may be hard to find good service in the area. Just another reason to hang out in the garage!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.