WR450 and BAJA

5 replies to this topic
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 25, 2006 - 09:50 AM

just got back from a two day trip to baja with a group of 50 guys it was awesome. there is only one thing i must say about the wr it is a beast i loved riding my new bike. it was the first time i road it with the free mods and boy let me tell you this bike kicked butt

before the trip i did the following:

Acerbis 3.4 tank
GYT-R Skid plate
Unabiker Radiator Guards
15T Front Sproket
Heavy Duty 4M Tires
Suspension Done
PMB Insert
JD Jet Kit
Grey Wire
Air Box Mod
Throttle Screw Cut

after the trip:
Steering Stablizer

other then these the bike hauls but with 50t rear and 15t front i hit 90 down the beach

• jcorni

Posted September 25, 2006 - 02:02 PM

Sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup: , now get back to your school work. :lame: Dad

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 25, 2006 - 03:54 PM

You sure had your bike prepared with the right mods! The WR450 is the weapon of choice for the Baja! Stone cold reliable! :lame: It can handle miles and miles of sand without wearing you out like the twitchier handling bikes. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 26, 2006 - 05:31 AM

Glad you had a great time... The WR really is a great bike for Baja... :thumbsup:

• taksx

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Well you have all the right parts on it. I been using mine to pre run for a RECORD race. the only thing i would change is the gearing, running 15/50 now think I'll try 15/47.
Hot tip somebody gave me was to swap that stock bulb to a 20% brighter made a difference when your trying to look for Mike's or the old tug boat in the dark.

Eddie :thumbsup:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 26, 2006 - 06:55 PM

yup we pasted the boat... the next baja trip is to mikes i think we are doing that in nov some time

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.