I'm In ! ! !

12 replies to this topic
  • squatpuke

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:25 AM

FINALLY....

Picked up a NEW '07 XR650L...in Phx, Az.

$5800 OTD, but got the 3 yr. extd warranty for another 6 Benjamins....$6400.

UHauled it back up the mountain to Flagstaff for break-in. About 5000 feet elevation gain. I'm sure it's gonna need some adjusments.

I'm such a noob, I know I'm gonna need help...hope this bike doesn't put me in the poor house...hehe.

I also weigh about 250lbs...any linky's or tips on dialing in the suspension?

Happy Trails.

• LandSharkGT

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Congrats and welcome! I r jealous! I wished I could afford a new bike right now! Have fun and ride safe!
Bill

• SMOKE

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:45 AM

you can enter all your info into racetech valve search and it will tell you the spring rate that you need.

http://www.racetech....lish/mctype.asp

• rebelventurer

Posted September 25, 2006 - 02:22 PM

Smoke is that you in your avatar? cool link thanks, Oh welcome new big guy I sure hope thats not you in your avatar, if it is poor poor pig, your gonna need some springs.
I weigh 225 and still using the stock spring just had to crank it down a little.

• nxridge

Posted September 25, 2006 - 02:50 PM

Nice to see you finaly made the plunge.

now get out there and wear out your first set of tires.
:thumbsup:

• justicedone

Posted September 25, 2006 - 03:59 PM

Thats Eminem in his avatar

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rebelventurer

Posted September 25, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Justicedone,I guess that only a school teacher would Know that, other than them young uns! :thumbsup:

• rockn6gs

Posted September 25, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Congrat's to you :thumbsup:

• cubera

Posted September 25, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Outstanding! Should run fine at that altitude as is.

• Boston Mangler

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:09 PM

Congrats Man!

I just picked up an 06 myself and also weight 250lbs so i am looking for suspension info too!!! :thumbsup:

Enjoy the bike!

• justicedone

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:20 PM

I am not a teacher, or young anymore (only in my head) but I do work for the School District (carpenter-painter)..lol

I do like Eminems music though, hes a pretty dope ass &%$#@!

Congrats on the new bike, I think you could have saved the warranty money for mods, since the bikes bulletproof !

But enjoy and get some pics up when you hit the trails.

• Ferdinand

Posted September 25, 2006 - 08:57 PM

I think you could have saved the warranty money for mods, since the bikes bulletproof !

:lame: I agree, buy anyway, congrats :thumbsup:

• Adamsvh67

Posted October 25, 2006 - 01:58 PM

That's a good price. Paid $6142 OTD for mine in ALB. NM last weekend.
Was hoping to stay stock for awhile, but thinkin' some mods gonna be in order real soon. Trying to give it a chance first... patience so hard to come by...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.