Clutch not fully engaging

5 replies to this topic
  • MerlinUK

Posted September 24, 2006 - 11:22 PM

I went for a ride yesterday, and noticed my clutch was not engaging fully, IE, i could come to a stop in 1st with the clutch all the way in, but the bike was still pulling forward slowly.

I've had a search to see if this is normal, but can't really find a definitive answer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted September 25, 2006 - 02:13 AM

Are you having any trouble shifting? If it's just a little drag then it is probably normal but more than that most likely means the clutch plates have warped (the metal ones). I had this happen on my '04 WR after abusing the clutch severely on a ride. In my case the bike would not shift well and wanted to stall the engine when stopped. Remove the plates and check them. They should be perfectly flat. The spec is in the owners manual.

• MerlinUK

Posted September 25, 2006 - 05:21 AM

I have no trouble changing as such, the bike has stalled a few times when slowing down/coming to a stop, i just put it down to my riding. I might swap out the plates anyway, its not gonna do any harm :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:04 AM

There is a thread called "Clutch Problem" it was last posted to a couple days ago....... it has your answer and the good news is it is a cheap and easy fix :thumbsup:

• MerlinUK

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:39 AM

Superb, i'll give that a go at the weekend :thumbsup:

• hotthrottle613

Posted September 25, 2006 - 08:38 AM

Go to, click on .79 cent fix. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.