Broken Frame, 650R

10 replies to this topic
  • Boudroux

Posted September 24, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Kind of an odd request but does anyone have a line on a 650R frame for sale? My buddy (not a member here) hit a G out with a rock and his lower, left frame rail took a direct hit. It bent and twisted and the weld next to the foot peg broke most the way around. I know it can be welded but I figured I would throw it out there and see if the TT community could come through with a miracle.

If anyone has or knows of a 650R frame for sale please shoot me a PM.

Much Thanks

• Boston Mangler

Posted September 24, 2006 - 10:35 PM

check ebay, saw one on there last week

• LandSharkGT

Posted September 24, 2006 - 10:56 PM

You could also check Craigslist.com
Bill

• cleonard

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:07 AM

When you find one, be sure to get the pink slip or at a minimum a bil of sale. California consideres the frame to be "the bike." So the staate will think it is a different bike. You will also have to modify the registrration of the new frame to include the old engine number. Then you will need to "junk" the old frame, or the DMV will keep sending you registrations for the old one.

• Boudroux

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:44 AM

When you find one, be sure to get the pink slip or at a minimum a bil of sale. California consideres the frame to be "the bike." So the staate will think it is a different bike. You will also have to modify the registrration of the new frame to include the old engine number. Then you will need to "junk" the old frame, or the DMV will keep sending you registrations for the old one.

Yea, we are wondering about that. The bike that he broke is dual sported and we are wondering if it will be possible to get the new frame (once located) grandfathered in as a dual sport. There are pics of the frame in the international section.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThunderChicken

Posted September 25, 2006 - 07:51 AM

Then you will need to "junk" the old frame, or the DMV will keep sending you registrations for the old one.

Or keep registering it every year and you have an extra green sticker...

• cracked up

Posted September 25, 2006 - 08:45 AM

Check: www.cyclesrus.com

• David_G

Posted September 27, 2006 - 08:00 AM

I have one, was planning on building a PIG lite but never got around to it.
I don't know what it is worth.
David Gray
davidg@cbstv2.com

• BAJAHUSKYS

Posted September 28, 2006 - 11:21 PM

One just showed up in my new issue of San Diego Off Road Magazine. You still looking? Steny

• ThunderChicken

Posted September 29, 2006 - 10:24 AM

What do they want for the frame in san diego off road mag?

Is it new, used, and has it been dual sported?

I'm looking, lightly for now.

• HC

Posted September 29, 2006 - 10:47 AM

i have an extra one too. most states should allow you to bring in both frames, with a VIN check and $ , they'll re-issue a title. key here is most states. they may want to destroy it. depends on the state, position of venus etc..

mine is a NY reg. , no title, for NY off road there is no title like georgia, but I had a WA DMV Vin check and they gave it there blessing.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.