Scam

5 replies to this topic
  • TapptOut

Posted September 23, 2006 - 06:16 PM

I just found another scammer on TT. I placed an ad for my Exhaust system and i recieved an email for it by a man that goes by the name John Williams. I gave him my phone number and address but, no pipe or anything like that. And never recieved anything from him. Now i put up a truck on there. And he inquired about it. Just watch out for a email by the name john_williams2004@hotmail.com

Here is the 2nd email
Dear Sir/Ma,

I saw your advert placed on the web and i am highly intrested in
purchasing from you.

I will like you to get back to me with your last asking price and the
reason for offering it for sale, area for the pickup and the present
picture of it.

Hope to read from you soonest.

Regards
Mr. John Williams

1st email.

Dear Sir/Ma,

I saw your advert placed on the web and i am highly intrested in
purchasing from you.

I will like you to get back to me with your last asking price and the
reason for offering it for sale, area for the pickup and the present
picture of it.

Hope to read from you soonest.

Regards
Mr. John Williams
+44 702 407 4486
+44 702 407 9001

Just be on the lookout

• 642MX

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:23 PM

Good Job! Now the psycho knows where you live. :thumbsup:

• gbalias

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:05 PM

44 is a british country code. i wouldnt worry about him wanting to come and pick up your truck or anything. haha

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TapptOut

Posted September 23, 2006 - 09:55 PM

Haha i know that but it was just a heads up.

• tmauto69

Posted September 24, 2006 - 04:58 AM

This sounds like the same response I got for a bike I just put in the classifieds here a couple of days ago. I sold it to someone else before I got the email though.

• TapptOut

Posted September 24, 2006 - 07:04 AM

This sounds like the same response I got for a bike I just put in the classifieds here a couple of days ago. I sold it to someone else before I got the email though.

Smart

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.