426 ride hieght adjustment

3 replies to this topic
  • pdk068

Posted September 23, 2006 - 06:09 PM

I have just bought an 01 YZF426 in mint condition and would like to know is it possible and how hard is it to lower the ride height as I am just touching the ground. I have adjusted the damper back to standard 10 clicks out (as this was screwed right in) and reset the high compression damper to standard. The rear spring I assume is standard as I can't see any ID colors on it anywhere. Am I on the right track or not a bit confused at this stage I think all I have done is made it softer :thumbsup:

I am now a converted 4 banger!

• 642MX

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:20 PM

You can put a lowering link on the rear end. It drops the seat height 1.5 inches. Do a search on here, the company was called MMS...I think.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • arizona426

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:32 PM

you can also adjust your rear shock and set correct race sag. check out some of zip-tys suspension equipment. check out the suspension set up on the home page here which gives great tips on how to set up your suspension.

• pdk068

Posted September 25, 2006 - 09:54 PM

thanks for that. I am 1 of these blokes who used to ride 12 years ago and as you can appreciate there have been heaps of changes to bikes over that period of time. I have had quite a big jump!

IT 125 realy old 1980?
KDX 175 fairly old 1982? great bike excellent hill climber
IT 250 1983
YZF 426 01

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.