Rainy days and fat tires...

2 replies to this topic
  • CTXr650L

Posted September 23, 2006 - 01:03 PM

i got up this morning with all intentions of going on my unions annual charity ride, the sound of rain hitting the skylights in my room quickly changed my mood. (i already gave a donation to the ride so it didnt matter if i was there or not) well, i tried to get over there (30 mile ride just to the start point) but after the first mile or so i decided to take that left turn and head for the bike shop and pick up my new tires (pirelli mt21s 90x90-21f 140x80-18r). hmmm, interesting riding home with them, but all is well.

so as not to waste a day i put them on figuring tomorrows forecast is a little better maybe ill get a chance to go out and play. after about 45 mins of tire changing crazyness theyre on (rear has about 1/4" clearance from chainguard). by about that time it was getting a little warm in the garage so up came the door and to my suprise a ray of sun starting to break through the clouds...

so anyway on went the riding gear and off i went :lame: ... what a difference the mt21s are from the stockers, road holding felt pretty confident even with the still wet streets and the trails were fun as hell even with the slightly muddy conditions. woo hoo :thumbsup: ... thank you rain for motivating me to do something

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nxridge

Posted September 23, 2006 - 01:13 PM

I went out riding in the rain with my bald stockers :thumbsup:

• CTXr650L

Posted September 23, 2006 - 01:24 PM

did i mention i was being LAZY :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.