I Picked Up XR650LYesterday! New Guy Post!

8 replies to this topic
  • Boston Mangler

Posted September 23, 2006 - 05:21 AM

Hey All,

First off thanks for your answers to your questions in the last week or so regarding the L vs R models!

Well, i pulled the trigger and picked up a 06 Leftover XR650L yesterday. I decided with all the BS going on with the DMV and such i didnt want to risk converting an R model and getting it pulled so i wanted everything on the up and up. As for the bike, I only took it for a little spin yesterday because it was late when we got home, but i am very happy to have a bike after a 7 year hiatis of riding.

About me:

30 years old, live in San Diego, been riding since age 12 or so, used to race hare scrambles back east, havent been on a bike in 7 years or so due to a nasty road bike incident, going to take a little bit to "get back into it"

I recently decided on getting back into riding again after borrowing someone decked out XR650L in Baja a few weeks ago and blasting around, i was hooked! :thumbsup:

This bike will be used for dual sporting trips around so cal and trips to baja! Looking forward to meeting some fellow forum member for some riding trips!

Mods coming soon and all will be well documented!

• frankstr

Posted September 23, 2006 - 05:30 AM

Congrat's on the new ride...Let the mods begin....... :thumbsup:

• goblin127

Posted September 23, 2006 - 06:02 AM

I also was in one of those nasty road bike incidents. The XRL has definitly got me motivated to be on two wheels again. Good luck!

• nxridge

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:05 AM

Wll dont waste your time in here , get out and :lame:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boston Mangler

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:10 AM

Wll dont waste your time in here , get out and :lame:

Yup, gotta get my permit renewed (never renewed it when i moved to CA) then i am legal beagal! Work schedule and DMV schedule dont make it to easy :p

Ready for the dirt now! :bonk:

• nxridge

Posted September 23, 2006 - 07:11 AM

wow , thats what my bike looked like new??

It dont look like that no more , LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Nice pic

• justicedone

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:00 AM

Nice man...good call

Watch them R haters...lol

Once you get used to her and then uncork the piggy, you will be in heaven. NICE BIKE

• hypersthenos

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:06 AM

Congrats! Had a bit of a hiatus myself. I nearly bought a new 'L myself but found a dual sported R for sale near my house for cheap. Otherwise I'd be doing the same thing due to the legal hassle. Have fun. Sure wish mine had a comfortable seat & the magic button!

• LandSharkGT

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:26 AM

Kool! Great bike and congrats!

Related Content

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.