traffic exhaust????

21 replies to this topic
  • cleonard

Posted September 25, 2006 - 10:43 AM

Just pull the exhaust baffle. More noise for free.

What you really want to do is what is called "Dave's mods." It will make it run much better. The details are in past posts on this forum.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dukeryder

Posted September 25, 2006 - 02:55 PM

Are you F'in' kidding me "the loudest exhuast possible", LOUD PIPES DO NOT SAVE lives

Take the advanced MSF course (I'm assuming you've taken the basic or at least have some riding history)

Read "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough and "More Proficient Motorcycling".

Buy a White, Red, Orange or Yellow Helmet.

Buy the Icon Mil-Spec vest ($49) or a Aerostitch Darien Hi-Vis Jacket ($499)

Mount some Driving Lights on the Front of Your bike PIAA makes some sleek Pencil beam type lights that are high intensity for like $50

Get a Louder Horn! Pipes direct sound at the cars behind you (why would you wanna warn cars where you've been not where you're going?)

Loud Pipes are gonna piss off other motorists, your neighbors, the cops and anyone else but you. :lame:

Loud Pipes :thumbsup:

FWIW I'm running an aftermarket exhaust (Big Gun Race w/quiet core), it's the maximum LEGAL db, but I wish it were quieter. The stock exhaust is heavy and restrictive and an aftermarket pipe helps the bike get more oomph but you want the quietest system you can find. WB EB series quiet are supposed to be the best.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.