• moto for life

Posted September 22, 2006 - 01:49 PM

whats a good but cheap exhaust system or just a slip on

• theclone

Posted September 22, 2006 - 02:15 PM

the stock exhaust is fine.

• machweezy

Posted September 22, 2006 - 06:01 PM

I already posted this but I just bought an fmf powercore(blue anadized) titanium muffler for my 07 yz450. The stock is fine but I trail ride often and the stock does'nt have a spark arrester. Powercore does. I ordered it from wholesalemx.com for 269.99. Seemed like a good deal to me.

• lastchild

Posted September 22, 2006 - 07:39 PM

That's a great pipe...I have one on my '07 KTM XC-F. But I would think it might be too loud on the YZ for off-road. Have you been able to test it?

• Crash 2006

Posted September 22, 2006 - 09:40 PM

I already posted this but I just bought an fmf powercore(blue anadized) titanium muffler for my 07 yz450. The stock is fine but I trail ride often and the stock does'nt have a spark arrester. Powercore does. I ordered it from wholesalemx.com for 269.99. Seemed like a good deal to me.

I added the same pipe this guy did and now I have more controllable power though-out the ranges... It was a big time help when hill climbing. :thumbsup:

You can buy a cap and drill out the rivets on the factory pipe if you want. That way you will not have to mess with the pilot jet size increase.

One thing to note is that stock pipe sticks out like a 21 years olds pants in a strip bar. :lame:

Thanks...

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:21 PM

You can buy a cap and drill out the rivets on the factory pipe if you want. That way you will not have to mess with the pilot jet size increase.

Using the stock exhaust will not get you out of changing the pilot unless you ride at around 5500 feet or better. It's still too lean.

A Dr.D full system adds a noticeable amount of low to mid snap with no loss on top, and relieves about 3" or more of the rear overhang issue, to. At $500, it's a lot less than an FMF or WB.

• lastchild

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:52 PM

But is it quiet?

• aford541

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:56 PM

I rode the bike with the stocker then bought a DMC it had great bottom end power but signed off early and was super loud.
I just got a Yoshimura full titanium system and it is great, it's almost as quiet as the stocker and has more power everywhere, no huge hit off the bottom like the DMC but pulls like a big dog in the midrange and top end.
I really think you can't beat the stocker for all around power sure there is no spark arrestor but the pro moto billet works really well, there is no cheap exhaust, the DMC may be the cheapest but I think its heavier than the stocker because the head pipe is Stainless and it's louder too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2006 - 11:59 PM

But is it quiet?

Not street quiet, but about like stock.

• DPW

Posted September 23, 2006 - 08:45 AM

Not street quiet, but about like stock.

ditto...have a Dubach on my bike too

• cowboyona426

Posted September 23, 2006 - 10:54 AM

Is the Dr. D a "factory forward" style system? If so, do you have to pull the header to get to the oil filter?

• lastchild

Posted September 23, 2006 - 12:16 PM

I'll be using mine off-road so I don't think the Dr. D would work. Too bad as it looks like a nice pipe.

• TapptOut

Posted September 23, 2006 - 02:45 PM

I like and run the White Brothers E2. Its very quiet. And you dont lose any thing.

• DPW

Posted September 23, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Is the Dr. D a "factory forward" style system? If so, do you have to pull the header to get to the oil filter?

It removes about 3" from the back and access to the oil filter is as good as stock.

• bboyce

Posted September 27, 2006 - 06:10 PM

I honestly like Big guns Idea of their R systems. YOu have the option to be 94db trail ready or 102db track ready. I say quiet is better in most cases, so If i were to spend money on a pipe, it would be a quiet one, but I like the big guns, and I like the way they look too.

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted September 27, 2006 - 07:08 PM

What about thunder alley. slip ons 250 and system is 350. The website is down though so its not much help!! I just ordered one for my 03.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.