Mexico Gas

2 replies to this topic
  • jcorni

Posted September 22, 2006 - 09:38 AM

going to baja tonight for a two day ride. i heard that they only have 90 octane...do i need to get some octane boost to add or is 90+ ok for the wr450 thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:12 AM

Gas in Mexico is hit and miss. I'd bring a few bottles just in case, but don't add it unless you get some detonation (pinging). I've found that most of the PeMex stations are pretty reliable. It's the Mom & Pop "Mini-Supers" that are suspect...SC

• BajaFool

Posted September 22, 2006 - 11:51 AM

Jcorni,
I ride my motorcycle and drive my truck (Ford V10) in Mexico regularly and their gas works well in both. I also get significantly better mileage when I use their gas. Their gas is not oxygenated, like California gas. More hydrocarbons, less air= more BTU's. Magnasin worked fine in my 2003 WR450F for thousands of miles. Premium is better, however. Here is a link for everything that you want to know about buying gas in Mexico http://www.rversonli...xicanFuels.html

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.