XR Shopping....

9 replies to this topic
  • squatpuke

Posted September 22, 2006 - 09:28 AM

I'll probably go new...but what do you guys think about these two used jobs?

http://phoenix.craig.../205897232.html

http://phoenix.craig.../205587611.html

• justicedone

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:50 AM

I like the 2nd one better, since in Az, you can DS it easily. Looks to be better cared for in my opinion.

• FJT

Posted September 22, 2006 - 02:23 PM

Get the XR650R. Much better bike... :thumbsup:

FJT

• rockn6gs

Posted September 22, 2006 - 05:27 PM

Go for the "R" you will not be sorry. Are you in the valley??

• goblin127

Posted September 22, 2006 - 07:47 PM

The XRL is street legal as it sits.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted September 22, 2006 - 08:10 PM

The 650R looks like a good deal, easy DS here in AZ, it has the power to gear it tall for hiway trips, if you ride them both there won't be any need to even think about it.

• Infidel

Posted September 22, 2006 - 08:15 PM

I had to make the same decision...

XRR or XRL

I ended up with the XRR and I have to tell you that it's superior to the XRL. If you want a more road oriented bike, you should buy something else.

• willnevergrowup

Posted September 23, 2006 - 03:50 AM

I had both at the same time and the XRR still lives with me! :thumbsup:

• snaggleXR650

Posted September 23, 2006 - 04:02 AM

I'm an R owner, but that is a great price on that L. Most L's I've seen go for more than $3k, even much older ones than that.

The R looks to be in great shape, and $3400 is 'ok' of a deal, but not great.

• captb

Posted September 23, 2006 - 12:37 PM

I'm an R owner, but that is a great price on that L. Most L's I've seen go for more than $3k, even much older ones than that.

The R looks to be in great shape, and $3400 is 'ok' of a deal, but not great.

In AZ a real nice R is harder to come by, I shopped for a while most were ridden hard in rough AZ terrain, so if it's real nice in AZ it's not a bad price, I would offer them a couple hundred less, once it's street legal it's worth more and mine was less than a hundred bucks to make street legal.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.