Fuel Screw Help

9 replies to this topic
  • matts06yzf

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:54 PM

This carb is driving me nuts. Where is fuel screw and i have oem one on now can i adjust without taking anything off pictures would be aprecciated. And does owners manual call it fuel; screw or domething else. I couldnt find jack about a fuel scre in manual I downloaded. what tools do i need to adjust it out some

• jbrooks26

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:41 PM

What year is your bike? If it is newer than 02 then I believe you will need to punch out the cover in the float bowl to get to the screw. I would recommend getting an easy adjust screw since you will need to remove the bowl anyway to get the cover punched out. It will be on the bottom of the bowl near the back if I remember right. Hope this helps.

Josh

Try this link out.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=309069

• grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2006 - 10:10 PM

Only the WR has a plug over the screw.

The manual refers to it as the pilot screw.

• jbrooks26

Posted September 21, 2006 - 10:17 PM

Sorry, forgot what forum I was in I guess. Thanks Gray

• x2stroker

Posted September 22, 2006 - 05:18 AM

If you have an 06, you can get to the pilot screw without removing anything. If you take a samll flat head bit, like one out of a 2 in 1 screw driver you'd get from Home Depot, you can get to it without turning the carb. It is on the bottom next to the bowl. The older models carb sits lower and I could never adjust them without loosening and turning the carb.

Turn it 1/4 turn at a time... if you have to turn it out more than 3 full turns, you need a larger pilot jet... which is common with the 06. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • matts06yzf

Posted September 22, 2006 - 09:14 AM

any pics of where this screw is I am a dumbass when it comes to a carb. Learning bear with me, Thanks alot

• x2stroker

Posted September 22, 2006 - 10:06 AM

Here's a pic from an earlier model but the carb / pilot jet placement is the same. On the bottom, left hand side of the carb, you will see a red thingie.... that's an aftermarket zip ty screw. Your pilot screw will not be visible but it will be recessed in the same place.

http://www.thumperta...ttachmentid=298

• matts06yzf

Posted September 22, 2006 - 03:16 PM

got it running much better i have one question. how far out can fuel screw be. I know i need to rejet but jets wont be in until next week and I have 2 days of riding ahead. Dont want it to fall out. whats the farthest out turn wise it can be? 06 yz450f

• grayracer513

Posted September 22, 2006 - 03:53 PM

If it's out more than 2.5 turns, it will begin to be ineffective by being backed too far out of the orifice it meters. It's really not effective at all beyond about 3 turns, and, of course, the farther out it is, the more likely it is to fall out.

• matts06yzf

Posted September 22, 2006 - 05:28 PM

thanks gray you are the man

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.