Grey Wire and Throttle Stop Help (Pics)

3 replies to this topic
  • hartzpad

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:47 PM

Finally got around to checking if the free mods are already done on my recently purchased '01 WR426.

I can't figure out which wire is the "grey wire", can anyone be of any help? (I am partially color blind but even my wife couldn't make out which is the grey wire, should it really be grey in color on the WR426's?)

Front Side
Posted Image

Back Side
Posted Image

I went to cut down the throttle stop and it looks like the previous owner beat me to it. It measures almost exactly 1/2" long, isn't that way too short? I thought that it was supposed to be around .95" long? I have not noticed any problems at all running it so short but I was hoping to get some more power by cutting it down, oh well. My hope is in the grey wire.

Throttle Stop Screw
Posted Image

• SID013

Posted September 21, 2006 - 11:27 PM

Hi, Follow this link, it will show you a photo of it.

http://www.xs4all.nl...05/GreyWire.jpg

Hope it helps as I found it to be quite aggresive with the grey wire unplugged. Unplug it, don't cut it as you may want to put it back later.

Cheers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted September 22, 2006 - 04:06 AM

On my 02 wr426 it is a two pin connector, one black and one gray.

• jbrooks26

Posted September 22, 2006 - 04:40 AM

On my 02 wr426 it is a two pin connector, one black and one gray.

This is correct on the 02 models. The grey wire is in the two pin connector that comes off of the CDI. Hope this helps.

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.