03 wr 450 wiring questions

3 replies to this topic
  • sixbey

Posted September 21, 2006 - 05:56 PM

Okay you wiring gurues. I am almost done wiring my wr to make it street legal. I have 2 problem I can't figure out. Mainly with hooking up some led indicator lights. :thumbsup:

1) Where can I wire a neutral led indicator light into. I have tried going from the neutral switch for the positive lead and ground to the battery. But no results. (That would just be to easy) Tried some other wirers off the cdi unit and diode. But still nothing. I remember reading some threads about using a different ground but that was on a yz.

2) Next is the headlight. I wired up the low beam to be on as soon as the key switch I added is turned on. Then I wired to high beam to turn on when the original light switch is turned on. It works perfect. The only problem is when i wired the led indicater light to come on when the high beam is turned on it does not come on.

thanks for any help!: :lame:

• wr450oregon

Posted September 21, 2006 - 06:19 PM

If you are using a true LED remember it has a + and - lead. Also you may need a resistor in line with the LED to give it the correct milliamp. If you can put it across the battery and they work then this is certainly not the problem.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sixbey

Posted September 22, 2006 - 01:28 PM

If you are using a true LED remember it has a + and - lead. Also you may need a resistor in line with the LED to give it the correct milliamp. If you can put it across the battery and they work then this is certainly not the problem.

the leds are working fine streight off the battery. just don't know what wires to connect the positives to. I would assume any ground will work but not 100% sure. HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!!!

• sixbey

Posted September 24, 2006 - 06:52 PM

Please....is there any one out there that can answer this?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.