99 yz400, cant get pivot bolt into connection rod on relay arm on suspension

2 replies to this topic
  • seizedcrank

Posted September 21, 2006 - 10:51 AM

ARRRRG

Alright after waiting all summer to get my engine fixed, I finally have it back. Got everything in, swingarm is in, but I just cant get the pivot bolt that connects the connect rod and the relay arm. Am I missing something here?? Whenever I try to slide the bolt in it hits the bottom of the swingarm and there isnt enough clearance to slide it in. I need maybe like 1/16 in more to slide it in but there just isnt enough clearance... The rear wheel is up and the bike is up on blocks, Ive done everything it says to do in my clymers, I think Im just missing something.

Does the this have to be done before the swing arm goes in?

Heres a crappy picture that might help a little bit:

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted September 21, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Pic is not working... are you taking about the linkage - if so swingarm installed first then pivot linkage. Or remove rear tire and push up swing arm to get to top linkage

• seizedcrank

Posted September 21, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Alright figured it out.

Now I just gotta re-tap the hole down by the coolant pump and stop the dripping. :thumbsup: :lame: :p

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.