VP Racing Fuel

6 replies to this topic
  • Dirt Freak

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:14 AM

I own a 2006 YZ 450f and was wondering if any one has information on fuel selection. What type of VP Fuel also the good and bad about it?

• Ga426owner

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:37 AM

all the info you need here:

U4 is great fuel..burns clean throughout the motor and adds 2-3 hp...It must be drained after each use...will cause gummy carb buildup from vapor if left in the carb

• x2stroker

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:37 AM

I run plain old high test and my bike has more power than I can use on an MX track.... :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2006 - 10:32 AM

If you were to use VP, U4 would be your best choice. But unless you're in a situation where the main reason you're not winning is a lack of power, you need to ask yourself if it's worth $9-12 per gallon for the extra boost (and the cool smell), along with the need to re-jet for it, and the extra maintenance hassle of draining the fuel each time, stocking the fuel, and not being able to get gas just anywhere. For some, it is, but not me.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 21, 2006 - 11:31 AM

Or you can try VP MRPRO4 for 25-30 dollars a gal....and be just like RC and Chad Reed

• ISBB

Posted September 21, 2006 - 12:35 PM

I use whatever i can get at the pump which is usuallly 100 ocatne... or the purple stuff.. VP-110 i believe it is.. IF using the 110 i will usually go 3 gallons of race to 2 gallons premium.. :thumbsup:

• moto for life

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:14 PM

as long as you dont have motor mod you dont need to use HI Preformance gas it wont make a difference your just wasteing your money so if you are looking for more power then cut your screen out of the basket for your air filter and get a Twin air backfire filter you dont need to buy the hole kit just the filter, other than that work on being one with your bike and hit the gym good luck to ya

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.