03 WR450 setup

3 replies to this topic
  • Bouncer

Posted September 21, 2006 - 01:51 AM

Hi,

I ride a 03 wr450 and have never been entirely happy with the handling. I recently rode an instructor's yz250 and it seemed to be stuck to the track in comparison with my lose ride!

Anyway, I know the Oz bike may be different ot he US and I know that at about 105kg with gear I should change the springs but until I get a new bike in a year or two I want to make do!

So please, advise what compression and rebound settings I should be looking for to make the best of a bad setup?

Cheers

• bg10459

Posted September 21, 2006 - 03:20 AM

Clicker settings are very personal. Only you, through trial and error, can determine what is best.

What you can try is raising the fork tubes up in the triple clamps. what this does is slightly steepen your rake angle and weight the front of the bike more, which provides a little tighter low speed steering at the expense of high speed stability. There a two lines on the fork tubes that you can use for reference. I run them at the 1st line.
Also, make sure your sag is set properly, as this will affect the front end, too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ETP

Posted September 21, 2006 - 05:31 AM

Clicker settings are very personal. Only you, through trial and error, can determine what is best.

What you can try is raising the fork tubes up in the triple clamps. what this does is slightly steepen your rake angle and weight the front of the bike more, which provides a little tighter low speed steering at the expense of high speed stability. There a two lines on the fork tubes that you can use for reference. I run them at the 1st line.
Also, make sure your sag is set properly, as this will affect the front end, too.

I don't ride MX, but raising the forks, as suggested here, made a very noticable different in handling around tight corners.

• Bouncer

Posted September 22, 2006 - 02:22 AM

Cheers guys a look into that.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.