What can I do to my 06 yz450f for more preformance without spending any money?

6 replies to this topic
  • moto for life

Posted September 20, 2006 - 10:20 PM

I was just woundering what I can do to my 06 yz450f for better preformance without spending the least amount of money thanks agin guys
-Thomas

• Baron Von Beard

Posted September 21, 2006 - 12:11 AM

Hit the gym, eat right and ride a lot. These three things will yield much better results than any bolt on crap.

• adamdf

Posted September 21, 2006 - 03:55 AM

Baron hit the nail on the head. Also, you can set the sag and test different suspension settings! There is a lot to be learned about your bike there. And motor wise the only thing i can think of for free is moving the needle clip position and messing with the fuel screw! lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2006 - 08:35 AM

80% rider, 20% bike

These guys are right. You are the most important performance part on the thing. Get in shape and practice.

Suspension dialing is free, fun, and benefits you, the most important performance part on the bike, more than anything else will.

Add to that the mental game. Get your mind involved. At my age, I can still beat people much younger and faster than I am (like my kid), but only by psyching them, or pulling one out of the hat that they haven't seen before.

• chrisl609

Posted September 21, 2006 - 09:51 AM

Dial in the jetting & suspension like the others have said. Makes a world of difference & is cheap!

• KJ790

Posted September 21, 2006 - 11:05 AM

These guys are all right. But if you want better handling, don't fill your gas tank up all the way if you are going to race. Obviously, if you are gonna ride for a long time then don't do this or you will run out. But as far as racing goes, most races are under ten laps. You don't need it filled all the way to the top to do this. The gas tank is very high on the bike, so decreasing weight here lowers the center of gravity a lot. Just don't run out!

• SureBlue

Posted September 21, 2006 - 11:32 AM

80% rider, 20% bike

There is a huge difference in my riding if I have slept bad/not enough. That's a big part of the 80 % rider.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.