What can I do to my 06 yz450f for more preformance without spending any money?

25 replies to this topic
  • moto for life

Posted September 20, 2006 - 10:06 PM

I was just woundering what I can do to my 06 yz450f for better preformance without spending the least amount of money

• aford541

Posted September 20, 2006 - 10:21 PM

First of all get ready for everyone to tell you that you are nuts for not thinking 50+ horsepower is enough but stock they don't really run that well.
It won't be free but you can re jet the bike for a little dough and get better performance.

Check out all jetting specs to get an idea what to do.

• kxman

Posted September 21, 2006 - 02:22 AM

Look over on the CRF 450 forum. There is an article about wiring the AP. Do that.

• almostinvincible119

Posted September 21, 2006 - 06:02 AM

my pilot jet is too small down here in florida, i need to step up to a 48 pilot, but i am too lazy to order it and change it. other than that, i just ride, your bike will become unbelieveably faster each and every time you go to the track as long as you set a goal to accomplish every day. if you just go out and putt around and your not looking to make improvements in each section of the track, then your 15, 20, or how ever much your track fee is, is simply wasted if your real goal is getting faster.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 21, 2006 - 07:28 AM

I was just woundering what I can do to my 06 yz450f for better preformance without spending the least amount of money

I think I know what you meant to ask....
the Carb jetting - corrected and RedBeards AP Mod are cheap

everything else will cost.....suspension enhanced, pipe, new taller bars, tires, sprockets chain, wider pegs, skid plate, other protection, VPU4 ...it all cost money but will add much better enhanced performance :thumbsup:

• raulico

Posted December 26, 2006 - 03:46 PM

my suggest is the same....radiator guards and petcock mod.
first 100$....second is fork and shock setting.

• steve_97060

Posted December 26, 2006 - 04:50 PM

my suggest is the same....radiator guards and petcock mod.
first 100$....second is fork and shock setting.

Ok, I just have to ask, what is the petcock mod that enhances performance so much that you would spend part of your first 100 dollars on it??

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 26, 2006 - 06:49 PM

Free: Make sure your suspension is set correctly
Free: Practice your cornering and whoops...over and over and over. Anybody can grab a handful of throttle down the straight.
Almost free: Proper jetting
Those three things will make you faster.

If you want to spend a little more then buy some pimp graphics...everybody knows that will make you faster. :lol:

• YZ426F Rider

Posted December 26, 2006 - 06:49 PM

...oh, and invest in a good front tire at the very least.

• NorCal

Posted December 26, 2006 - 06:58 PM

If you want to spend a little more then buy some pimp graphics...everybody knows that will make you faster. :lol:

Yeah it's true. I'm pretty sure graphics add like 4 horsepower and make you corner faster.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted December 26, 2006 - 07:39 PM

sell or trade it for an '03 YZ450F...

• Reyndogg

Posted December 27, 2006 - 07:45 AM

get a front tire that will work for where you ride, set up the suspension, then work on giving it a rider upgrade every time you go ride

• yz_for_me

Posted December 27, 2006 - 09:01 AM

Probably not the answer your looking for, but by far the best (and most fun) "free" thing you can do is spend time in the saddle. Good cornering skills are single best way to be faster.

• Dirty_Sanchez

Posted December 27, 2006 - 10:41 AM

Yeah it's true. I'm pretty sure graphics add like 4 horsepower and make you corner faster.

Yup, stickers work wonders. Don't forget to swap the power band for the HD Yellow version.

Dirty

• afmracer

Posted December 28, 2006 - 09:32 PM

jetting and proper spring rate

• YZfamily

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:47 PM

You could always [I]steal[I] an exhaust, tires, etc... or whatever you can get away with. JUST KIDDIN' you gotta pay if you want performance!

• YZfamily

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:50 PM

You could always steal something like an exhaust or tires:crazy: Just kiddin', you gotta pay for performance:ride:

• old426guy

Posted December 28, 2006 - 10:59 PM

If you tighten your muffler bearings and check the carb belts you will go faster.But put the jokes aside K&N Has a new filter that i felt a slight improvment,then i replaced the exaust w/ fmf power bomb system and went richer 2 jets wow what a differance.

• sportbiker929

Posted December 29, 2006 - 06:13 AM

lose 20lbs

• gord955

Posted December 29, 2006 - 05:01 PM

Just make sure your bike is set up properly, do regular maintenace and exercise. Best no money mods that can be done.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.